Self-Development Forum
November 18, 2017, 12:41:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Confident Communication  (Read 4671 times)
Eduard

View Profile WWW
« on: May 05, 2011, 07:50:52 PM »

Hey guys and gals,

I'm curious: what does Confident Communication mean to you?

Also: what are the specific benefits you see one could gain from mastering it?

It's a concept that's on my mind a lot lately, and I'd like your take on it.

Cheers,

Margueritav

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 01:20:16 AM »

For me, confident communication is the ability to express oneself freely in a way that most people can understand easily. It is also a way of communicating that is primarily non-confrontational, non-inflammatory and invites discussion and exploration. It is thought provoking and respectful of the beliefs of others. Confident communication is clear, well defined and authoritative with no ambiguity as to the communicators intention.
0 ranjith

FRIENDS ARE THE MESAURE OF A PERSON'S QUALITIES

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 07:49:53 AM »

For me, confident communication is the ability to express oneself freely in a way that most people can understand easily. It is also a way of communicating that is primarily non-confrontational, non-inflammatory and invites discussion and exploration. It is thought provoking and respectful of the beliefs of others. Confident communication is clear, well defined and authoritative with no ambiguity as to the communicators intention.

That was a very good response and a fit description.

A light hearted talk
Of expressions
Of friendship
Of love
And Of happiness.......
Read on my blog:
Everything had left….. but not a drop of tear was shed
-Written by  Ranjith
RP100

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 02:28:00 PM »

If we consider that only a small percentage of communication is down to the actual words, then confident communication must be grounded in one's vocal characteristics and body language.
So our tone of voice, clarity of speech, speed of speech, vocal volume, posture, gestures, eye contact etc. are the physical building blocks of expression.
While these physical chacteristics can be learned and adjusted, the inner characteristics such as our beliefs and values are the natural sources of our confident communication.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: