Self-Development Forum
June 28, 2017, 06:57:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you struggle with most?  (Read 10890 times)
upgradereality

View Profile WWW
« on: January 25, 2011, 11:55:57 AM »

Hey everyone,
I'm doing research because i'm in the mood to write an ebook that will solve a common problem.

You can help me by telling me what you struggle most with.
What would you like a solution for?

(Confidence/self esteem/fear of failure/productivity/procrastionation etc.)

I'd greatly appreciate your replies!
Cheers!
Diggy

Taking Personal Development to the next level!

If you're the kind of person who wants to squeeze every drop of friendship, s*x, health, love and success out of life...Click Here
Jason Field

Let's help find the light to life for the needy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 12:33:48 PM »

Hi Diggy,

I can't speak for some, but right now, what I'm currently struggling about is finding true love which is always so elusive to me (I don't know why).

It's fair enough to say that I'm not that butt-ugly, (sorry), nor do I look like McSteamy or at least have his body. I think I'm average looking, but I've got my fair share of attractive qualities.

Sigh, I think love is eluding me, maybe I'm unlucky in love, I don't know.

Hope, I got you some ideas. Valentine's is almost around the corner and I hate the thought...

Become a Confident and Beautiful Woman!

http://www.skintosoulbeauty.com/
Eduard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 04:30:36 PM »

Diggy!

Fancy meeting you here Smiley

Right now, getting better at time management is a priority for me. I can waste a lot of time by not being organized and since patience is not one of my virtues, this kind of sucks.

KathyT

Glad to be here!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 04:25:50 PM »

For me, since I write about various topics and need to keep updating numerous websites, etc, I would say that the things I'm working on most include:
1) Prioritizing my tasks, followed by
2) Time management

Once I'm actually ON a project, I tend to remain very focused, and the time just flies by - but if I begin thinking about all the other tasks I need to address, I find myself working from one thing to another - and forget what my priorities for the day or project were.

Hi! I Wrote a Goal Setting Guide that is Free For Everyone!
I had a LOT of fun writing it & hope you enjoy reading it & my newsletters.
Come meet me at http://www.SelfDevelopmentStrategies.com
Also, my blog is up & running! http://www.SelfDevelopmentAndGrowth.com
Thank you for visiting! Smiley
ScottCofer

Success = simple disciplines, repeated daily ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 02:33:56 AM »

Taking on too much at once.  Sometimes I fall into the trap of feeling like I can do more than one person should reasonably be able to do ... which leads to being overwhelmed - or worse yet not knowing what to do next.

Good topic ...

upgradereality

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 05:37:28 AM »

Thank you for your responses, much appreciated! Smiley

The solution for taking on too much at once is to assess your most rewarding investment/return projects and only focusing on those while saying no to others. You're far more likely to make a success from focusing on 1-2 projects than if you try to do 10 things, no matter how tempting all those things seem.

I'll be writing more about these problems on my blog over the next weeks!

Have a beautiful day all of you!

If you're the kind of person who wants to squeeze every drop of friendship, s*x, health, love and success out of life...Click Here
AdiSukhi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 03:17:48 PM »

To accept that I don't have control on my life.
Thy will be done, not mine... Smiley
0 ranjith

FRIENDS ARE THE MESAURE OF A PERSON'S QUALITIES

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 01:49:22 PM »

I can't tell anything directly to people: be it something good about them or something bad.
If I speak too good, they might take it as a sarcasm and when I do the other thing they swear at me.
All the best for your e book.

A light hearted talk
Of expressions
Of friendship
Of love
And Of happiness.......
Read on my blog:
Everything had left….. but not a drop of tear was shed
-Written by  Ranjith
Jason Field

Let's help find the light to life for the needy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 11:57:15 AM »

I can't tell anything directly to people: be it something good about them or something bad.
If I speak too good, they might take it as a sarcasm and when I do the other thing they swear at me.
All the best for your e book.

Well, perhaps it's the way you deliver to the people or how you say it.

You can't please everyone as they say, and I learned not to give any unsolicited advice. You may mean well, but they may misinterpret it Smiley

Become a Confident and Beautiful Woman!

http://www.skintosoulbeauty.com/
Kriya

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 12:57:06 PM »

Hmmn, I'd have to say the thing I struggle most with is trying to find a balance between my own self growth and all that involves and maintaining the relationship with my boyfriend of 7 years that isn't all that interested in growth.  He claims to be, yet his actions and behavior tend to say otherwise.  We've had a rough history, gosh, involving addiction, his incarceration, getting clean, me going to school, him not being able to find work, etc.  I constantly feel like I am trying to move in two opposite directions at the same time: I want to expand and grow, and his first tattoo was "escape" (that seems to sum up everything else I could say).  I'm trying to experience life in the fullest way possible yet he seems so intent on the path of least resistance, whether it be mundane household stuff or deeper emotional inner work.  By trying to go these opposite ways myself, I feel like I'm being drawn and quartered much of the time.  Is it even realistic to think I can have both?  My intuition is even conflicted on this, while I keep coming back to the point that I cannot be stuck and happy at the same time and I cant move forward while moving backward to meet him where he is, I keep thinking I'm missing something that would sort of resolve this for me.  Something that would take some of the struggle out. How's that for a situation?  Good luck with your book and research and I appreciate any thought you give my post.
Kriya
Unstoppable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 04:22:19 PM »

Great question!

For me it's staying focused. It seems as though I am always on information overload and every time I learn something new I want to start a new project. I always find myself trying to do 20 projects at one time and this seems to get me nowhere fast. Learning to stay focused on one project at a time and completing it first before moving on is so important to the success equation.

Anthony

Self Achiever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 08:56:39 PM »

For me.  I struggle with my taxes.  LOL. 

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
- Albert Einstein

www.selfachiever.com
zanzari

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 01:39:11 AM »

I struggle with self-discipline the most. I tell myself that I will stop all my bad habits but I always end up doing them again eventually. I suppose I just need to strengthen my motivations but that can be hard as well.
upgradereality

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 07:04:36 PM »

I also find discipline to be one of the hardest things to keep up.

It's easy to want to change, and even to get started with that chance (a new diet, a new sport, getting better with social skills etc.) but it's very difficult to keep up the new habit. Especially when things get tough after the first few days or weeks.

0 ranjith

FRIENDS ARE THE MESAURE OF A PERSON'S QUALITIES

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 01:14:30 PM »

I also find discipline to be one of the hardest things to keep up.

It's easy to want to change, and even to get started with that chance (a new diet, a new sport, getting better with social skills etc.) but it's very difficult to keep up the new habit. Especially when things get tough after the first few days or weeks.

to be disciplined you need to have self control over yourself. Controlling the movement of your thoughts is what is known as discipline.
-Ranjith

A light hearted talk
Of expressions
Of friendship
Of love
And Of happiness.......
Read on my blog:
Everything had left….. but not a drop of tear was shed
-Written by  Ranjith
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: