Self-Development Forum
December 12, 2017, 08:16:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ultimate Self Help Gift?  (Read 3957 times)
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« on: January 12, 2011, 04:52:25 PM »

If you could give yourself or someone you know the ultimate self-help gift what would it be?

Pretty Damsel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 08:07:49 AM »

It would be an E-Book from Mr. Karl Perera. It has been a great help for me.

http://www.more-selfesteem.com/ebook.htm

For fast acting relief visit:
Depression Help
KathyT

Glad to be here!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 06:26:06 PM »

That's a tough one! There are so many amazing books and programs out there that have provided amazing value to my own life... and then, it seems like one book/program/practice will lead to another.

And then, what I might have given as the ultimate self-help gift 3 years ago may not resonate with me as much today (if that makes any sense).

So... Right now, my "ultimate" gift to someone might be a combination of things: A copy of Autobiography of a Yogi (Paramahansa Yogananda), the works of Ernest Holmes (Religious Science, etc), Charles Haanel (Master Key System)...  Anything that would help my friend or reader be able to come to an understanding that the answers to everything lie within each one of us.

Good, thought-provoking topic Adventurer!
Smiley

Hi! I Wrote a Goal Setting Guide that is Free For Everyone!
I had a LOT of fun writing it & hope you enjoy reading it & my newsletters.
Come meet me at http://www.SelfDevelopmentStrategies.com
Also, my blog is up & running! http://www.SelfDevelopmentAndGrowth.com
Thank you for visiting! Smiley
Jason Field

Let's help find the light to life for the needy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 01:27:50 PM »

Too many self help books out there.

But probably, the grandmother of all self help books would probably "The Secret" book or video. First time I saw it, wow, it opened my eyes to the world of Law of Attraction.

I keep watching it over and over again. It can be the best gift especially for those not aware of LOA.

Become a Confident and Beautiful Woman!

http://www.skintosoulbeauty.com/
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 03:28:06 PM »

Thanks everyone ...

Yeah, I agree with you KathyT .... there are so many amazing programs around it is hard to whittle it down to just one... and different things suit different people, or even the same person at different times.

My journey many years ago started with the book, 'psycho-cybernetics' (postive thinking) and continued through books like, 'Think and Grow Rich' and later to the 'Power of Now' by Eckhart Tolle, then Videos like 'The Secret' (going on to 'What the Bleep' and 'Down the Rabbit Hole'), then Spiritual Enneagram stuff (A.H Almaas), The Journey work of Brandon Bays, Sufi writings of Shaykh Fadlallah Haeri, the 'Essence' work of Menis Yousri (a family systems therapist in the UK who also conducts family constellations workshops) and oh so many more .... Emotion Codes, EFT, NLP, Psychodynamic counselling, Eidetic imagery (Wendy Yellen) ....etc etc  - these were all amazing and transformational for me and I would recommend them to anyone, anytime.

ScottCofer

Success = simple disciplines, repeated daily ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 01:24:50 PM »

A personal relationship with God.  We can do a lot to improve ourselves, but we become much more powerful and useful when our lives are God-directed.  At least that has been my experience ...

Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 04:17:09 PM »

Oh yes, definitely... I am so in agreement with you there :-)

RP100

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 04:12:19 PM »

An Eckhart Tolle book or audio.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: