Self-Development Forum
November 22, 2017, 08:00:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: I've been rejected  (Read 14146 times)
Jason Field

Let's help find the light to life for the needy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 06:14:14 AM »

I can think of 2 things.

1. Realize it's not the end of the world. We often have a hard time getting over rejection because in our heads, we make it seem something terrible. We believe that rejection is a catastrophe, and if we get rejected that means we are big losers. In fact, this is a huge exaggeration. Look at rejection realistically and you'll get over it faster.

Thanks for making me realize that Eduard. True--sometimes what we feel at the present, we thought that it's such a huge and massive phenomenal event that may immobilize us. But that's just one phase and experience in our lives which we have to accept and learn from.

This I also realized. That whatever you're going through, the whole world still revolves around the sun, and people's lives around you must go on. I mean, the world won't stop if you're you're undergoing a loss, a prob, a breakup or whatevs.

Just go with it and it will pass.

Muchos gracias amigos and amigas!

Become a Confident and Beautiful Woman!

http://www.skintosoulbeauty.com/
KathyT

Glad to be here!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 03:20:58 PM »

Hi Jason,
I've been keeping up with this thread since you posted it last month. My heart goes out to you - actually, to anyone who has experienced rejection. And, I guess in one way or another, we've probably all had at least some experience with rejection. Been there myself, and no matter which way you look at it, rejection is just no fun.

I like what you said in your last follow-up post:
[quoteTrue--sometimes what we feel at the present, we thought that it's such a huge and massive phenomenal event that may immobilize us. But that's just one phase and experience in our lives which we have to accept and learn from.

This I also realized. That whatever you're going through, the whole world still revolves around the sun, and people's lives around you must go on. I mean, the world won't stop if you're you're undergoing a loss, a prob, a breakup or whatevs.

Just go with it and it will pass.][/quote]

Very thoughtful. And, it sounds as though you have grown from the experience given your last comment... I hope that since some time has passed that the bruises are healing.

Hi! I Wrote a Goal Setting Guide that is Free For Everyone!
I had a LOT of fun writing it & hope you enjoy reading it & my newsletters.
Come meet me at http://www.SelfDevelopmentStrategies.com
Also, my blog is up & running! http://www.SelfDevelopmentAndGrowth.com
Thank you for visiting! Smiley
Jason Field

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 12:56:25 PM »

Hi kath,

Indeed.

But I won't have grasped this trail of "wisdom" if not for all (and everyone on this thread) your very insightful and helpful posts. I have grown, experienced and so we all did.

I realized that only if you look around, there are always someone, somewhere somehow who had the lesser things in life--and who wished they had our lives.

What a wonderful world...despite of it all Wink

KathyT

Glad to be here!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 03:14:44 PM »

Well said, Jason!

And yes... It IS a wonderful world! Smiley

Hi! I Wrote a Goal Setting Guide that is Free For Everyone!
I had a LOT of fun writing it & hope you enjoy reading it & my newsletters.
Come meet me at http://www.SelfDevelopmentStrategies.com
Also, my blog is up & running! http://www.SelfDevelopmentAndGrowth.com
Thank you for visiting! Smiley
Pretty Damsel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 10:35:33 AM »

I always believe that we need to have rejection as part of our lives. It will hone and mold us into a good individual thus will make us stronger.

For fast acting relief visit:
Depression Help
0 ranjith

FRIENDS ARE THE MESAURE OF A PERSON'S QUALITIES

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 01:40:04 PM »

You were rejected because there was something wrong in you. Try correcting it rather than developing ego.

A light hearted talk
Of expressions
Of friendship
Of love
And Of happiness.......
Read on my blog:
Everything had left….. but not a drop of tear was shed
-Written by  Ranjith
Chrissy Smith

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2011, 02:46:34 PM »

What a great topic! Who hasn't been rejected, let them speak now and part the waters Wink

My suggestion: there is always an initial shock, sadness
what will help you through life's ups and downs is = HOW YOU INTERPRET EVENTS
it is up to you what interpretation you CHOOSE
my suggestion is to CHOOSE an EMPOWERING interpretation

Pain is always a part of life. Suffering is a choice. Choose not to suffer
watch your physiology, change your state...stand straighter, walk outside, look in awe at nature,
watch a funny movie

Your choice is where to let your mind go

I hope this has been of service

Truly Caring for You
Chrissy Smith
www.dramaticlifechanges.net
Jason Field

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 01:11:01 PM »

Whew!

Thanks for all of your replies, tips, advices and insights guys! It's very well appreciated!

I can't believe that my thread about rejection can generate a whole slew of very enlightening responses. Naturally, almost all of us have experienced being rejected at some points in our lives.

It's good to have some (or more) people who can sympathize!  Cheesy

Gracias!

Self Achiever

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 01:44:28 AM »

Naturally, almost all of us have experienced being rejected at some points in our lives.

You hit the nail on the head here.  There is not a person on the planet who hasn't experience rejection (well I'm sure there is one weirdo out there  Cool).  Thank you for posting this, because its something that happens to us all, but not many are willing to admit they have either experienced it or feel rejected.

Lot of great info in this thread.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
- Albert Einstein

www.selfachiever.com
0 ranjith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 01:09:10 PM »

Naturally, almost all of us have experienced being rejected at some points in our lives.

You hit the nail on the head here.  There is not a person on the planet who hasn't experience rejection (well I'm sure there is one weirdo out there  Cool).  Thank you for posting this, because its something that happens to us all, but not many are willing to admit they have either experienced it or feel rejected.

Lot of great info in this thread.
that might not always be the case. there are many great achievers who have never faced any rejection. Whereevr they went they were invited with open hearts. they never knew what rejection is. it was the love that made people behave in that way. once that confidence and belief is ammased nothing can stop them from being accepted.
However I accept that I was rejected as confessed here

A light hearted talk
Of expressions
Of friendship
Of love
And Of happiness.......
Read on my blog:
-Written by  Ranjith
kimboy

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 10:13:47 AM »

Well, it seems to me you have gone half way through the process - you have pinned down what you consider to be the real problem. It is the bruised ego not rejection itself that you have to focus on. All of us have faced rejection at some point in life. I don't know if it helps, but tell yourself that it is time to let things go - you will clear space for some new, and hopefully - positive experiences.

ldreamerlop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2011, 09:37:27 AM »

it takes few months to heal a broken heart, i guess the best way to deal woth it is to find a new desire in life, hobbies, work, art and also try to meet new people

0 ranjith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2011, 07:33:37 AM »

Well, it seems to me you have gone half way through the process - you have pinned down what you consider to be the real problem. It is the bruised ego not rejection itself that you have to focus on. All of us have faced rejection at some point in life. I don't know if it helps, but tell yourself that it is time to let things go - you will clear space for some new, and hopefully - positive experiences.
Leaving everything to time solves most of the problem. If there are things that you can do nothing about, just postponnd it to deal with it on another day, at another time.
-Ranjith

A light hearted talk
Of expressions
Of friendship
Of love
And Of happiness.......
Read on my blog:
-Written by  Ranjith
0 ranjith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2011, 07:37:24 AM »

it takes few months to heal a broken heart, i guess the best way to deal woth it is to find a new desire in life, hobbies, work, art and also try to meet new people
That is the best thing: Diverting our attention to other better things. It helps reduce the emotional pain.
-Ranjith

A light hearted talk
Of expressions
Of friendship
Of love
And Of happiness.......
Read on my blog:
-Written by  Ranjith
RP100

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2011, 03:34:57 PM »

I agree with Chrissy's reply. Intepretation plays a big part.
Rejection is just a label you're giving to a situation.
You're choosing to take that situation and refer to it as rejection.
See it another way, take the feedback from it as something positive.
See it as a learning situation.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: