Self-Development Forum
January 27, 2022, 02:35:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yearning for Husband's Love  (Read 6214 times)
Pretty Damsel

View Profile WWW Email
« on: November 23, 2010, 08:23:17 AM »

I am married for 3 years and my husband is working abroad. I have 2 ex boyfriend that i still have communication. They know that i am married now and my husband is working abroad. I am tempted to accept their invitations to watch movie or have dinner or lunch. I know it is not good though, i just want to try for friendly purpose. Please guide me.

For fast acting relief visit:
Depression Help
Mind Recipes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 09:22:57 PM »

You are the only person that can make that decision Pretty Damsel.

What are you hoping to achieve by having movie and lunch with your ex boyfriends? They are ex boyfriends for a reason.

Why not go out with other friends for movies and lunch if it really is only as friends

"If your recipe sucks, it doesn't matter how good a cook you are" Timothy Ferriss - www.mindrecipes.com
Pretty Damsel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 08:03:06 AM »

Thanks Mind Recipes for having an ample time to read my predicament. I am tempted, in a way that i can make a slap on my husband's face. I don't know if he is telling the truth that he never dates or have an affair abroad. Well in fact, i have seen some of their pictures in facebook.

For fast acting relief visit:
Depression Help
Lou_1973

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 12:04:08 PM »

Hi, not to be overly cynical, but I think you've discovered an almost universal issue in marriage:

Almost all women just yearn to be loved by their husbands,
Almost all men just yearn to be respected & admired by their wives.

I highly recommend the book "Love & Respect" from Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
http://loveandrespect.com/

Don't fall for the "friendly" advances from the ex-boyfriends!  That's a one-way ticket to pain & heartbreak -- if you go through that door, there's no turning back.

Lou...

The Non-Budget : The proven 3-step method to take control of your personal finances
http://www.the-non-budget.com
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 04:09:01 PM »

I agree with Lou_1973 ... I think they would use you ... taking advantage of a lady in a vulnerable position ... vulnerable because you are hurting. This is about your inner hurts..... maybe abandonment, fear of betrayal, lack of self confidence or low self esteem .... .

Is there any way you can talk to your partner about your feelings? If not physically or by phone/skype etc, then maybe you could do it by imagining him with you in a quiet place where you can both talk about this (in your imagination). say what you need to say and 'listen' to his replies..... and just keep going with this until you find inner peace.

I also agree with the idea of going out with some 'safer' friends if you need to talk/relax etc

0 ranjith

FRIENDS ARE THE MESAURE OF A PERSON'S QUALITIES

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 06:21:14 AM »

If you see your ex boyfriends as simply well wishers, there is no wrong in it but if it is the other way, the you need to stop it.

A light hearted talk
Of expressions
Of friendship
Of love
And Of happiness.......
Read on my blog:
Everything had left….. but not a drop of tear was shed
-Written by  Ranjith
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: