Self-Development Forum
January 27, 2022, 02:47:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: PLEASE HELP...IS THIS A SCAM?????  (Read 15703 times)
merridew

View Profile Email
« on: October 23, 2010, 01:34:23 AM »

There is a guy on the Internet...and he is creating free Subliminal Audios for Ezquizofrenia, depresion, to change eye color, etc.
 He is saying that MEDICINE IS BULLSHIT!!!!

Now he is saying that  SUBLIMINAL TECHNOLOGY WORKS ...but IF YOU DOUBT ON HIS AUDIOS...THERE IS NO RESULT...

and he says that the effects take long if a person is closed minded...

he says that he is INDIGO or CRYSTAL CHILD
ShelaghD

Make life happen!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 02:55:19 PM »

Sounds like a nutter to me!!   Roll Eyes

In my experience, if you suspect it to be a scam, it probably is.  Steer well clear unless you've got evidence to the contrary.   

On saying that, I'm not saying that subliminal technology doesn't work, I'm sure it does when applied correctly.  However, I'm wary of a lot of stuff on the internet that makes those kind of outrageous claims.  The scary thing is there are vulnerable, desperate people out there who take a chance and raise their hopes only to waste their money or even get more sick because they didn't get the right help for them

Be safe and well.  Kiss

Don't let life happen to you, make it happen for you!

Shelagh Dillon  www.FelicitasLifeCoach.com  

Find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/felicitaslifecoach for daily inspiration with light hearted approach
Pretty Damsel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 07:34:02 AM »

Follow your instinct. Regret is always in the end.  Cheesy

For fast acting relief visit:
Depression Help
heretolisten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 09:12:30 AM »

My wife is a clinical hypnotherapist and it always amazes us that "therapists" can sell CDs and downloads that are to all intents and purposes are blank, or are just music under the guise of being "subliminal". When we see visual subliminal pcitures or words, the actual picture is visible to the naked eye, it's just that the image is broadcast so quickly we are unaware of it becaus our brains can't capture the image the eyes see fast enough to register, slow it down and you can see it clearly. The same theory applies to audio, the sound must to be ‘heard’ by the listener to understand it, short of electrical impulses that stimulate the acoustic nerve (such as a Cochlear implant) there is no other way the acoustic nerve can pass on the signals, and those implants only work on those people who have already had some hearing and can understand the spoken word. But how do we know that sublimnal media actually has any content? Can we reduce the levels or increase them to prove to ourselves that there is actually anything being said?

I'm not saying the theory couldn't work, but you'd think the FBI and all manner of secret audio devices would be using this technology so they could communicate without anyone 'hearing', and I've never read anything to back this up.

We can certainly use echo feedback to determine the location of objects like bats do, as some blind people have learnt to do this with fantastic results, but subliminal messages.....? I'm not convinced!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 09:45:23 AM by heretolisten » Logged

Sueblue
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 10:06:24 PM »

You may be interested in this thread where we discussed the topic of subliminals at some length:
http://www.selfdevelopmentforum.com/index.php?topic=1893.0
heretolisten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 10:21:19 PM »

Thank you Sue,
Most of that pretty much backs up my thoughts.

Linda J Miller

Hi , Im Linda J Miller

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 09:06:04 PM »

Definitely read the thread provided by SueBlue, if people mention something like changing eye colour, that is too good to be true it often is.

Nervsys

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 03:59:27 PM »

and he says that the effects take long if a person is closed minded...

Or in other words, if you don't change, its your fault not his.

Stay away - far away.

Adge747

Health is Your Greatest Wealth.

adge747@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 08:06:46 AM »

Apparently Coca Cola used subliminal messages in cinemas when it was first developed and sales of coke rose dramatically in the cinemas where these ads were used. A good number of the programs offered by the self help hub are also of this type.

http://www.healthyanswers.co.uk
Health is Your Greatest Wealth!
Take care of it.
Boomerang

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 09:19:41 PM »

Apparently Coca Cola used subliminal messages in cinemas when it was first developed and sales of coke rose dramatically in the cinemas where these ads were used. A good number of the programs offered by the self help hub are also of this type.

Do you really know that to be true. I don't like coke and I have never had any desire for a coke when this was suppose to be happening. I heard that happened way back, I believe, in the 1970s when I was young enough to go to the movies. Did it ever have any affect on you?
Adge747

adge747@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 08:57:31 AM »

No, I do not have any evidence to support this and like you I never liked, and still don't, like Coke. However, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it were true, as they, like most of the large corporations will use any means they can to get you to consume their products.
They were putting water from the municipal taps and calling it bottled water which of course it was. I think their idea was that the public would believe it was from a natural spring! That was true as the local water company threatened to take them to court if they continued.

Take care of it.
Boomerang

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 02:46:46 PM »

Adge747, I agree with you on them doing anything they can to increase their profit. I just don't believe subliminal messages is responsible for an increase in sales. Can you imagine how much money politicians would be spending to run subliminal messages across every TV and Movie screen in the country if they worked. I have never seen any scientific evidence that subliminals messages work and I have tried them and never received any benefit from them.

I also don't believe it depends on the individual. I do believe if an individual believes it will work then it just might work for them. If you tell someone this cd has a message imbedded under an ocean wave sound that will produce (What ever) then the person may receive some benefit because he believed the message was there even though nothing was there except the wave sound. That would not be a subliminal message producing the effect just the person's belief or mind.
Adge747

adge747@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 07:34:12 PM »

My understanding is that the US military used them to great effect but once they became a commercial proposition and used in the media they were banned. How do we know that politicians do not use them? They need something to convince us they are doing a good job. There are a lot of people who do believe they work and of course that is a big business in it's own right! So I guess they do work even if it is only to generate an income for the maker of them, I do agree there is a large possibility that it may well depend on your belief and much like the placebo, there may be nothing in it except the belief of the recipient!
If, by whatever means, a persons life is improved because of them then how can we say that they do not work.  Perhaps it also has something to do with the "promise" made by the programmer and the expectations of the subject.

Take care of it.
Boomerang

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 09:46:21 PM »

I'm afraid your understandings comes from someone that doesn't know what they are talking about or maybe some webpage trying to sell subliminals.

The thing I can see wrong with selling subliminals are the are fake and it is illegal to make claims that aren't true to sell a product. If there is nothing on the CD except the sound of the wind blowing, wave sounds or music then it is illegal to claim there is a message under it. If not illegal it's immoral.

Adge747

adge747@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 10:55:33 AM »

That may very well be correct, but then your belief is that they don't work and where does that come from?
I quite agree that someone selling the sound of the sea claiming there is a message in there and there isn't is immoral, but once again if the message is subliminal how do you know it's not there?

It really does come down to what you believe and whether you believe it works or not is immaterial as the big companies continue to advertise, which is effectively subliminal messaging as the ad gets stuck in your subconcious and when you are shopping for, lets say a diet drink, one of the first that springs to mind is Coke! Because of their ongoing advertising, as their ad is little more than blatant lying then surely that should be illegal too.

When people go to get the machine that helps clean their house by the means of suction they invariably say "I'm going to Hoover", not I am going to vaccuum! Again advertising and subliminal messaging at work.

Take care of it.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: