Self-Development Forum
June 25, 2017, 12:15:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the things that have changed your life?  (Read 13536 times)
rexsmith09

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 10:53:46 AM »

Change can be both positive or negative.

Negative Change: When I shifted my residence(that was long back), all failures fell upon me. I don't blame this change. Anyway, the failures are the part and parcel of our lives. I lost a dear one. I did badly in exams. I literary screwed up my career.

Positive Change: I changed the residence again, this time to a different city. I added a special one into my life - my wife. She changed me and I am back on track.

Sometimes, apart from hard work, intelligence, luck, persistence; 1 thing is very important - undisputed love and trust that "You can do it".

SEROVERA® is a GI-specific dietary supplement that has been used with great success by individuals with Colitis and Diverticulitis.
jmiguelx44

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 08:30:22 AM »

When I moved out of the house for college. It's definitely a whole wave of newness of experience to me, but I learned a lot from it. It made me grow and mature

Unlock The Potential Of Becoming An Expert Mind- And Body Language Reader
http://www.secretbodytalk.com/ (e-book version)  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003Z9JQXU (kindle Version)
KathyT

Glad to be here!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 09:41:11 PM »

I think that I can truly say that when I discovered some unhappy truths about my relationship with my second husband some years ago, it was the catalyst for a major change in my life - probably the most significant change I had ever experienced.

Although I finally got the courage to leave that person, I lost almost all my material possessions - every penny of what I had invested in our home and life, including the home itself - I lost a portion of my previously radiant health, and I lost every ounce of confidence I had prior to that. On top of all that, every job I had was grant-funded, which dried up when the economy began its own interesting journey.

BUT... as a result of all that, I have since found so very much more!

I now have the most wonderful husband and friend that any person could possibly ask for. Although I am still regaining my financial footing, the future looks brighter than it ever has. Because my physical and emotional health had suffered some wounds, I embarked on the journey of self development and alternative health and nutrition - and feel so much better than I probably would have if I had stayed where I was.

Being unable to find appropriate employment forced me to look elsewhere, and now I work on line, and from my home. I am more inspired than ever, write and interact with wonderful people who love personal development like I do. And every day, no matter where I am, I find myself incredibly inspired.

Yes, if not for the major upheaval, my life would not be as rich and satisfying as it is now. And it keeps getting better every day!
How grateful I am for those things that changed my life.

Thanks, Mind Recipes, for this thread. What a great topic!
Smiley Kath

Hi! I Wrote a Goal Setting Guide that is Free For Everyone!
I had a LOT of fun writing it & hope you enjoy reading it & my newsletters.
Come meet me at http://www.SelfDevelopmentStrategies.com
Also, my blog is up & running! http://www.SelfDevelopmentAndGrowth.com
Thank you for visiting! Smiley
Mind Recipes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 09:51:54 PM »

Thank you KathyT.

Often the things in our lives that cause the most upheaval at the time, turn out to be the most beneficial (although it may not seem so at the time). It sounds like you have worked through such a time in your life.

This is the reason I asked the question. Life isn't smooth sailing all the time - no matter how positive you remain. We all have upheavals and unexpected turns of events. I am very interested in how people view and react to these events, and what their eventual outcome is. Thanks for sharing your story

"If your recipe sucks, it doesn't matter how good a cook you are" Timothy Ferriss - www.mindrecipes.com
Pretty Damsel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 07:32:07 AM »

When I gave birth to my only child. It inspired me a lot. It gaves me courage to do everything for my baby. Being a mother is the most hard and fun job in the world. It is definitely priceless. Kudos to all the mothers out there.

For fast acting relief visit:
Depression Help
jmiguelx44

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 11:00:12 PM »

Yes, parenthood really changes a person.

It will bring out another side of you you never saw before. You see some things about yoruself in your kids and you wonder if you were like that when you were their age

Unlock The Potential Of Becoming An Expert Mind- And Body Language Reader
http://www.secretbodytalk.com/ (e-book version)  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003Z9JQXU (kindle Version)
joya123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2011, 08:11:27 AM »

The thing that has led to the most change in my life is the recognition that I was the exclusive architect of my own destiny.  Before I realised this, I beleived I was at the mercy of circumstances.

'Some ships ply east and some ply west, by the self same wind that blows,
It's not the gale but the set of the sail that determines which way she goes'.

This adage perfectly illustrates how our own attitude and thinking determines our journey through life.
Adge747

Health is Your Greatest Wealth.

adge747@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 11:55:40 AM »

Finding the self development programs, and developing myself with their help.http://  Smiley

http://www.healthyanswers.co.uk
Health is Your Greatest Wealth!
Take care of it.
Jan Robberts

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 12:15:35 PM »

Hi all you amazing people  :-)

There are many things that have...not so much changed as sculpted my life sofar and waking up every morning,for which I am grateful and always happy,I know there's sooo much more out there for me to do and people to help....Before I really get going about my passions...best answer the question;

A week ago today(22/03)it was exactly eleven years ago that something happened which had a huge impact on my life...A young man who I considered as a little brother,died in a freak motorbike accident at the age of only 22!

I have always been a very positive and happy person but was working away knowing I should really be doing something else...you know..that feeling....
That day,it finally drove it home to me that,unless I started taking steps in the right direction,it was never going to happen and life does go on without knowing whenit will end...for many,far to soon!

Here was a young man who never did anybody any wrong,always ready to help who ever needed it without any thought of reward and always with a smile.The world was his oyster with a wonderful girlfriend and a business to grow into...for it to stop suddenly....

This event I remember vividly as it affected so many people I know,including this boy's uncle who's one of my best friends in life!
I have seen many changes in people because of it and I decided to get on with working towards my passions while I still can!...and it is a work in progress with the necessary frustrations and charcter building challenges...:-)

We will never know when it ends but if we live a life where we know it mattered....where that dash had some meaning and where our purpose brought happiness to ourselves,our families,our communities and/or even wider circles,where you have been a shining example for others to follow...simply,where you have made a difference,then my friends,it will have been worth it!

The time to take action will never be tomorrow....OUR time is now,make it count!

joya123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2011, 12:21:24 PM »

Living in the moment is very often quoted by people as the best way to live empowered, but how many know how to do it?

The demands of everday life distract us and few know how to let go of the need to control.  Only by letting go of the need to control can we experience the joy of the moment.
0 ranjith

FRIENDS ARE THE MESAURE OF A PERSON'S QUALITIES

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2011, 01:17:23 PM »

May be friends and books
While friends have taught me what love and relations mean, the books have expanded the same. i live in dreams as I am much safer in them.
- Ranjith

A light hearted talk
Of expressions
Of friendship
Of love
And Of happiness.......
Read on my blog:
Everything had left….. but not a drop of tear was shed
-Written by  Ranjith
redapple

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 09:38:17 AM »

When my beloved dad diagnosed with cancer and soon after died, all my life has changed. His loss and the journey we had for 9 months, all ups and downs made me so strong. It also changed my view about the world. I am grateful for whatever God gave me in this life, and I am more positive now.

Blessings,

Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy.
hausboot

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »

Definitely the birth of my son 5 years ago. That was one of the most amazing and life changing moments of my entire life :-)

ldreamerlop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2011, 10:09:04 AM »

taking action! when i was just wanting and thinking about how to change my life nothing moved. only when i decided to get up and reach my goals only than i could really change and have my life as i want it to be.

0 ranjith

FRIENDS ARE THE MESAURE OF A PERSON'S QUALITIES

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2011, 02:06:23 PM »

When my beloved dad diagnosed with cancer and soon after died, all my life has changed. His loss and the journey we had for 9 months, all ups and downs made me so strong. It also changed my view about the world. I am grateful for whatever God gave me in this life, and I am more positive now.

Blessings,

It feels sad to hear your story. Death comes all of a sudden and makes our lives miserable. But still glad that you were mature enough to understand what life is.

A light hearted talk
Of expressions
Of friendship
Of love
And Of happiness.......
Read on my blog:
Everything had left….. but not a drop of tear was shed
-Written by  Ranjith
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: