Self-Development Forum
June 28, 2017, 07:03:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the things that have changed your life?  (Read 13559 times)
Mind Recipes

View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 27, 2010, 10:15:35 AM »

What are the things that have made a difference in your life?

I would like to hear about events in your life or people you have met.

Maybe you now realize it was one of the turning points in your life. Please share.

"If your recipe sucks, it doesn't matter how good a cook you are" Timothy Ferriss - www.mindrecipes.com
Evan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 12:46:10 PM »

A good few of them have been books.

Outside of that it has often been stray remarks that have struck more than the long and intense discussions.

I did a retreat when I was 33 or 34 and about to get married where I was reading Seasons of a Man's Life and it helped me get a sense of what I am here to do.  An exercise in Linda Marks' Living with Vision also was great as was working through Paul Rebillo's Call to Adventure.

Discovering blogging three or so years ago (pointed out to me by my partner from an ad in a newspaper) has set me on a whole new path. 

To find out how to live true to yourself and have real relationships with others go to www.livingauthentically.org
Mind Recipes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 10:56:04 AM »

Thanks for sharing Evan. I think we can learn a lot from others experiences.

"If your recipe sucks, it doesn't matter how good a cook you are" Timothy Ferriss - www.mindrecipes.com
sahirea

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 10:45:17 AM »

hi there
there r 2 things that changed my life
the first thing was the love of my life who learned me that hope is exsist and life is great and so many things that im greatful for.
the other thing was i changed the way i look to the people coz not all of them r good

my regards Wink

Giving up doesn't always means that u r weak , it sometimes means that u r strong enough to let go!
Fidal

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 02:08:21 AM »

The things that have changed in my life would be my status.

From Single to Single Parent.

It is a hard task for me but I survived. I am emotionally prepared of what God has planned for me that's why it is not a burden to me of becoming a single parent.

Amy Twain

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 03:47:54 AM »

One of the major things which really made a turning point in my life and also of my family, is when my father died. It's a major transition on our part adn a lot of adjustment aside from grief itself. That's why I'm doing a book on grief and loss. 

Unlock your own secrets of success--now! http://goldminetosuccess.com/
solvision

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 06:24:43 AM »

What are the things that have made a difference in your life?

I would like to hear about events in your life or people you have met.

Maybe you now realize it was one of the turning points in your life. Please share.

Hmm, first thing was reaching rock bottom and finally figuring out what was wrong in my head, next was doing Tony Robbins "The Ultimate Edge" program, third was starting one of my businesses, since then i know im in the right place/path, I simply need to refine myself and continue to progress. The latest piece in the puzzle was meeting the woman of my dreams.

Watch the great minds of the world http://www.mindmaxtv.com
Mind Recipes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 08:16:46 AM »

Sounds like you have had some amazing transformations in your life Solvision. Life is one long progression, and everything you do has an impact on your life one way or another

eunice.81

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 10:44:04 AM »

Only the one thing is happened in my life which has changed my all life and even me also that is love. Yes, before 2 years I have fall in love with my best friend and both of us come very close to each other but after sometime don't know what happened with him, he told me that "you have no trust on me so I want to leave you". He cheat me and after that I can't able to trust on any boy even if my brother also and don't like to talk with other very freely.

mcmandy65

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 02:22:01 AM »

The turning point in my life was meeting the siblings I didn't know I had :-)

Mind Recipes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 05:42:24 AM »

How long ago did this meeting happen Mcmandy65?

That certainly would have been a huge turnaround

gaurangdave

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 07:06:49 AM »

one incident took the change in my life. my dearest friend commited suicide because of his  girlfriend. so i felt great  sadness. my life became  changed.
josephlyanez

May I wish you your journey is full of discovery!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 09:59:49 PM »

A car accident. It revealed me many hidden truths about my own life. Now, I am a happier person. It is amazing how our life lessons are sometimes arranged by destiny.

hmfell

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 04:19:24 PM »

Listening to Brian Tracy's goals CD's and then going to his 3 day seminar earlier this year. Really inspirational and found someone to help me with my business while I was there!  Also reading Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway - needed it when I started the new buiness as it was all a bit scary, it really helped.

Fed up of tryiing to change your life and getting nowehere?
Get a Richer Life:
http://www.richerlifebulletin.com/
Jason Field

Let's help find the light to life for the needy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 02:37:00 AM »

One of the things that have changed me when I fell in love for the first time, but that was too long ago! haha!

It was sweet and sublime, as I'm the romantic kind, though my lover wasn't the showy nor the expressive kind which frustrates me at times, wondering if she's really in love with me or ...not

Become a Confident and Beautiful Woman!

http://www.skintosoulbeauty.com/
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: