Self-Development Forum
September 26, 2017, 06:02:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Who do you want to meet?  (Read 12176 times)
Amy Twain

View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 23, 2010, 02:59:05 AM »

If given a chance, who would you want to meet--dead or alive? Name 3 people whom you find interesting, intriguing which you'd always love to meet in yoru lifetime. Then what 3 questions will you ask them?  Smiley

Unlock your own secrets of success--now! http://goldminetosuccess.com/
Zeffer
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 05:02:25 AM »

I don' t contemplate such hypothetical situations i guess unless there was a reason. What is the intent...will this
person know of our plan ! Approval of our plan? ! The logistics ? What would we accomplish ?
i'm out !
Zeffer
Mind Recipes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 09:47:05 PM »

Amy, such a hard question. I love to meet new people as much as I can. Often with the so-called celebrities, you only see their public profile and I prefer to meet people warts and all.

What's your answer to this question?

"If your recipe sucks, it doesn't matter how good a cook you are" Timothy Ferriss - www.mindrecipes.com
Amy Twain

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 04:25:38 AM »

Well, I'd love to meet successful people like Oprah Winfrey, Susan Boyle or Donald Trump. Then we can talk about their success stories. How bout you?  Smiley

Mind Recipes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 04:41:17 AM »

I would like to meet Oprah as I admire her amazing rise from where she was as a child to what she has achieved now.

Richard Branson -I like his roguish attitude, and that he wasn't a high achiever in school, but this didn't stop him from becoming extremely successful when the chips were down.

They are the only two people I can think of at present. Of course, anyone that has a story to tell, especially people who have come from a troubled childhood to being a successful adult. That is what inspires me - not so much financially (although that is still very important), but I like overcoming adversity stories.

"If your recipe sucks, it doesn't matter how good a cook you are" Timothy Ferriss - www.mindrecipes.com
AjaTrinidad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 04:35:54 PM »

Yikes! This is such a hard question...I honestly don't know if there's someone I'd want to meet.

Taking a Look at Life - Life Coaching with Aja Trinidad
http://www.ajatrinidad.com/blog
Sueblue
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 09:35:46 AM »

Hmmm, maybe if I thought I would stand to glean some "insider knowledge" that hadn't made it into public view, there would be quite a few people I might like to have a chat or correspondence with, mainly in the field of mind/neuroscience research and not necessarily famous.

I really don't do the whole hero worshipping thing, needing to meet someone just because they're famous. I mean, celebrities are just the same underneath their skins, aren't they? The only difference between celebrities and you or me is that they have a constructed, public persona which has been made famous.
Justin

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 05:36:29 PM »

Did anybody say jesus...? lol anyway my choices would be Jesus, Einstein, and Shakespear even if I couldn't really understand everything they say it would still be interesting to meet them.
solvision

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 06:26:59 AM »

Einstein, Jim Rohn, JFK

I could just ask 3 questions, i'd be a sponge on everything they said

Watch the great minds of the world http://www.mindmaxtv.com
Amy Twain

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 08:44:26 AM »

Hmmm, maybe if I thought I would stand to glean some "insider knowledge" that hadn't made it into public view, there would be quite a few people I might like to have a chat or correspondence with, mainly in the field of mind/neuroscience research and not necessarily famous.

I really don't do the whole hero worshipping thing, needing to meet someone just because they're famous. I mean, celebrities are just the same underneath their skins, aren't they? The only difference between celebrities and you or me is that they have a constructed, public persona which has been made famous.

Yes, I agree Sue. Celebrities are just like us normal people--the difference is, they were only lucky enough to be made famous. haha

Evan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 09:35:41 AM »

Jacques Ellul, E Stanley Jones, Paul Goodman.  All involved with social transformation.  All with a wholistic view of the person (Ellul less consciously so).  The first two were Christian, Paul Goodman wasn't - he coined the term 'queer' for gay.

The questions: What do you think the main issue we face is?  What do you think is the most promising way to address it?  What do you think is the first step?

To find out how to live true to yourself and have real relationships with others go to www.livingauthentically.org
mcmandy65

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 02:31:29 AM »

Honestly? Anthony Hopkins.

eunice.81

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 05:25:38 AM »

I want to meet these persons and also I want to ask them following question :

1) My dead friend(Monal) : Why had you committed suicide?
2) My X-Boy friend(Roshan) : Why had you done wrong with me if you don't want to marry with me?
3) My best friend(Dipali) : why are you tensed all time?

gaurangdave

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 06:19:29 AM »

if i give the chance to meet dead person, i want to meet my best and lovely friend lala and want to ask him why he commited suicide because of girlfriend.i really miss you lala. without you my life became black and white.
Amy Twain

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 03:47:10 AM »

Honestly? Anthony Hopkins.

Hmmm...that's interesting choice Mcmandy. Is he your fave actor? I wonder you'd ask him about his success in H'wood and his career and how he's able to retain his success and longevity after all these years?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: