Self-Development Forum
April 18, 2014, 05:30:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Silent Hypnosis using ultrasound  (Read 6317 times)
yuckysmurf
« on: June 22, 2010, 04:24:44 AM »

deleted
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 01:20:41 PM by yuckysmurf » Logged
mollusk83

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 12:27:59 AM »

..not to discourage you, but Ive decided that anything subliminal is pretty much worthless, but Ill check out the product you talk about.
mollusk83

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 08:36:55 PM »

Ive only listened to subliminals on cd format for several years and have found them to be worthless. A complete waste of money. Oh well
live and learn.
mollusk83

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 07:00:29 PM »

meh..Some companies actually sell the ultrasonic subliminals, as a sort of 'super subliminal'. Ive purchased and listened to a few over a period of time and wasn't impressed.
Sueblue
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 11:24:58 PM »

Although our bodies and minds respond to a variety of frequencies, anything that is too high a frequency to be perceived by the ears is unlikely to result in you being able to perceive - on ANY level - spoken information encoded into the recording.

I believe Michael Hutchison wrote about the Tomatis Effect in one of his books, and the fact that being exposed to a range of frequencies could be beneficial to health. I believe this needs to be the subject of further research. But as for spoken messages, subliminals, or hypnotic induction scripts - no. You wouldn't hear a thing.
mollusk83

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 12:10:04 AM »

so you think U.S.'s are no better than regular ones and are pretty much more snake oil, Sue?
Sueblue
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 09:43:09 PM »

so you think U.S.'s are no better than regular ones and are pretty much more snake oil, Sue?

I don't think Silent Sounds or ordinary subliminals are worth the money. If the sounds are inaudible, they're inaudible. I don't know why there are so many people who have trouble with this. The people who manufacture and market these things must be laughing all the way to the bank.
mollusk83

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 04:03:28 AM »

you are definately one of the more intelligent posters I've come across on forums over the past 10 years or so. People want fast, easy, and effortless, and companies are more than willing to sell it to them. They don't work, period. Btw, although I posted in antother thread about this, have you ever used the paraliminal cd's? It seems like Im the only person in the world who hasn't had success from them, but to be honest, I found them pretty much useless as well.
mollusk83

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 07:11:57 PM »

Well...While Im still skeptical of your claims, you have piqued my interest. I have looked into the product you have talked about... My question is this, how is what you use different/better than the ultrasonic/regular subliminals that are premade that you  buy from various companies?
mollusk83

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 09:53:33 PM »

..It sounds like you've done your homework and all, but it seems like a lot of effort(and money)to sink into something which may or may not work. The fact that the company doesn't list the price of said product is somewhat disconcerting, and I imagine it's very expensive. I just think if it was as effective as you say, don't you think everyone would know by now. It wouldn't remain a secret for long.
propertybaron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 06:41:40 AM »

Thanks for the above posts.  I had bought a water sounds Subliminal cd to help with Public Speaking and it did seem to improve that area or maybe I just imagined it.  I have also bought a silent Subliminal that flashes words onto my computer screen.  These words can be chosen by me.  I am trying out this one as it has been reccomended as the one that took a poor person onto riches.  That is not my chosen message.  I will let you now if & when I get positive results.
MarkGW

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 12:12:43 PM »

yuckysmurf
Thanks for your posts - you indicate a serious level of understanding and diligence with regards to this technology and of course "entrainment"
There is, as you say a tremendous amount of BS out there all based based on fundamental truths distorted by rumour, conjecture and opinion - suitably wrapped in a price tag  Smiley
I for one am intrigued by your results and will endeavour to do my research based upon your suggestions.

i would be happy to receive details of the component parts of the Ultrasonic device that you suggest in your initial email though I'm not sure of the email / PM protocol on this forum?

Once again many thanks
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 12:59:04 PM by MarkGW » Logged
MarkGW

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 09:20:50 AM »

Many Thanks YS - however the costs that you suggest are not overly prohibitive and my tecnical "audio engineering" knowledge is less than adequate  Smiley
I would be keen to discuss in more depth with you if possible?

Once again many thanks

Mark
mollusk83

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 08:21:21 PM »

The fact of the matter is, I would assume few people have a spare 700 dollars or so to buy said product. It's a lot of money to sink into something which, as I said before, is unproven. Just because one person says they have great results does not mean I or anyone else will. You know your stuff and all, and I appreciate the feedback, but like Sueblue said, if it's inaudible, it's inaudible. I have also looked into your claim about the desert storm war usage of subliminals, and, although I forget the link, I recall the article saying the results were grossly exagerrated and not conclusive. I think actually it was on another forum similar to this one, truth be told.

I think for me, in the end, while you have piqued my interest, Im not gonna bite because I think I've fallen for stuff like this before, and Im trying to 'break the pattern' so to speak, with stuff like this. It sounds like a lot of pseudoscientific nonsense, personally, and I think that money would be better spent on other approaches such as exercise, natural supplements and so on. But if it works well for you, by all means continue, after all, who the hell am I to tell you what works and what doesn't?
kimboy

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 05:59:17 AM »

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: