Self-Development Forum
December 15, 2017, 04:26:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Great Books Everyone Should read at least once  (Read 12948 times)
upgradereality

View Profile WWW
« on: April 21, 2010, 03:38:45 PM »

Hello everyone,
I wrote a post on my blog recently called:
great books to read
It's about the 10 best books I have read in my life so I thought I'd share it here for anyone who is interested Smiley

Cheers
Diggy

Taking Personal Development to the next level!

If you're the kind of person who wants to squeeze every drop of friendship, s*x, health, love and success out of life...Click Here
TeenEntrepreneur
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 03:08:51 PM »

These books look great, maybe its just the front covers lol.
I'll have to start reading them, and all the others quoted on your site in teh comments section.

Thanks for the inspiration  Grin
Amy Twain

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 02:56:17 AM »

Well at least I read 1 of them --The Alchemist. I didn't know that Will Smith recommended it as 1 of his fave books.

I like the parable-like book, very insightful in its simplicity.

Unlock your own secrets of success--now! http://goldminetosuccess.com/
karlp295

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 09:08:33 AM »

The Book of Awesome is really worth a try. It cool to follow bloggers who have been able to breakthrough book publishing. Thar kind of attitude of finding awesome things also helps a lot in self improvement.

Click for depression help and advice that will change your life!

Visit my Self Help and Prosperity Blog and Create the Life you Want..

topman123

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 11:15:50 AM »

I haven't read any of them but will surely take them one by one...

Ivee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 09:44:02 PM »

Hi Diggy

Thanks for the recommendations.

I've read The Alchemist and Psychocybernetics, and they were fantastic reads for different reasons.

Always wanted to read the Power of Now. Also heard about Tim Ferriss and Seth Godin. Maybe I'll pass by the bookstore this weekend.

Mind Recipes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 11:12:07 PM »

I also really enjoyed The Alchemist - very simple read with a powerful message we can all learn from

"If your recipe sucks, it doesn't matter how good a cook you are" Timothy Ferriss - www.mindrecipes.com
Amy Twain

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 04:34:36 AM »

if I only have more time in my hands, I'd gladly read them all. Especially Seth Godin's books.

Unlock your own secrets of success--now! http://goldminetosuccess.com/
adina201

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 12:00:57 PM »

Thank you, upgradereality for sharing this list of the books with us. I am very addicted to read book every night before sleeping. I will try these books also.

Mr.G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 02:04:29 AM »

I noticed the blog post has been changed to "12 Great Books Everyone Should read at least once", would you mind to review two more books which I found is timeless classic?
1. The Message of A Master
2. The Instant Millionaire
These two together with "The Alchemist" is my all time favorite.

Regards,

KathyT

Glad to be here!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 07:42:07 PM »

I just recently heard of Paolo Coelho - and actually wound up using one of his beautiful quotes in a personal goal planning guide I just finished (about 2 weeks ago!) - the quote was from his The Manual of the Warrior of Light:

“The river adapts itself to whatever route proves possible, but the river never forgets its on objective: the sea. So fragile at its source, it gradually gathers the strength of the other rivers it encounters. And, after a certain point, its power is absolute.”

I really enjoyed Tolle's Power of Now - but even more, I enjoyed his later book, A New Earth - Awakening to Your Life's Purpose.

I think that all of us could go on and on about what some of our favorites are! I know I could!

Wow... There are just SO MANY wonderful books out there. Smiley
Kath

Hi! I Wrote a Goal Setting Guide that is Free For Everyone!
I had a LOT of fun writing it & hope you enjoy reading it & my newsletters.
Come meet me at http://www.SelfDevelopmentStrategies.com
Also, my blog is up & running! http://www.SelfDevelopmentAndGrowth.com
Thank you for visiting! Smiley
upgradereality

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 05:46:01 PM »

Hey Mr G,
I haven't heard of those books yet, will give them a read the next time I go on a book-buying spree Smiley

Thanks for letting me know!

Taking Personal Development to the next level!

If you're the kind of person who wants to squeeze every drop of friendship, s*x, health, love and success out of life...Click Here
josephlyanez

May I wish you your journey is full of discovery!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 09:46:58 PM »

I am currently reading "The 4 hour work week" and I love it. Very recommendable. Read it!

Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 07:54:08 PM »

'The Power of Now' is definitely in my top ten and 'Biology Beyond Belief' or 'Molecules of Emotion' which look at the relationship between mind/thought and body

rexsmith09

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 07:20:48 AM »

great to get the list of books. I have read only few .... willing to read the rest. One more book I would like to include "Livingstone Jonathan Seagull" by Richard Bach. 

SEROVERA® is a GI-specific dietary supplement that has been used with great success by individuals with Colitis and Diverticulitis.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: