Self-Development Forum
June 28, 2017, 10:41:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Grounding  (Read 6283 times)
scarlett

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2010, 03:38:02 AM »

Does anyone have any good suggestions for getting grounded and centered.

I find that I pick up a lot of energy from the people that I'm around and from environments that I'm in, so much so that I tend to take on the energy or the mood of those that I'm around, even if I'm originally feeling something different. I need help in learning to stay within my own center.

Thanks,

Scarlett
MikeJsimon

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 11:10:52 AM »

Tips on Getting Grounded

1. Breathe with awareness
2. Sit in nature
3. Watch the sun rise or set
4. Place your feet or hands on the earth
5. Eat food from the earth
6. Be aware of your surroundings
7. Notice physical symptoms or signs
8. Stop, Look, and Listen
9. Visualize yourself rooted into the earth

StormJewel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 11:39:57 PM »

Hi I see this is an old topic but I reckon it's worth bringing it up again.

I was just reading last night about what you described, people who are very sensitive to other people's emotions and energies.  Apparently this means you are an Empath (well there are some other signs too which you can find if you google empath but include feeling intensed out in large crowds because there's so many people and dreaming or knowing when things are happening to others)

I fit some of those criteria and have always found it hard to not get too emotionally involved with things like news stories.

I recently did a mindfulness class and part of it was to take a slow deep breath when you feel yourself getting upset.  I know that sounds simple but really does help, gives you that moment of grounding.

Also you can do a grounding meditation where you imagine a bright light descending from the sky, slowly filling your body, all your energy centres and then going through your feet and into the ground and forming roots like a tree.  You visualise the roots getting deeper and deeper and branching out and do this for a few minutes, really try and get a sense of being deeply rooted in the ground.  Then imagine the roots starting to shrink and coming back up until the energy forms a ball just beneath you under the ground.  Enjoy that sensation for a few minutes, take a few deep breaths and open your eyes when ready.

I do this while lying down

This really helps me if I'm feeling all strung out for some reason, and I think it's helping me be less sensitive, I still feel bad for people in trouble or whatever but learning to distance myself a bit to not feel the pain.

I got that meditation from a Phillip Permut cd called 'little sleep meditations'.  I do own a shop selling these kind of things, but I won't put the link as I'm still new here!  But if you like you can search for StormJewel's Gifts.  If not I'm sure you can find it somewhere else  Smiley

There is a forum for Empaths that looks very good, its here http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 11:41:34 PM by StormJewel » Logged

tripti

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 12:17:33 PM »

Hi,

Another thing you can do to protect yourself from being overwhelmed or 'invaded' by energies from others or from situations is to use the White Light as protection. Just imagine the light as a shield all around you (whatever way you feel comfortable putting it around yourself) and ask Spirit for protection - and thank Spirit afterwards too.
StormJewel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 12:26:59 PM »

Another thing you can do to protect yourself from being overwhelmed or 'invaded' by energies from others or from situations is to use the White Light as protection. Just imagine the light as a shield all around you (whatever way you feel comfortable putting it around yourself) and ask Spirit for protection - and thank Spirit afterwards too.

Yes that sounds like a good idea, especially for when you are out and about.

Genie Robyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 08:46:28 AM »

Yes that sounds like a good idea, especially for when you are out and about.

Oh do please be careful of the White Light Shield! When you create it you actually lock in any yuk stuff that has already got in Sad

I use my heart light to fill up my aura and then a disco ball spinning to stop incoming yuk. I then link to Divine light - gold, white or rainbow - my preference is rainbow and have this come down form the Universal divine light and anchor deep into the earth's mantle. I seal with a gold band at the top and at the bottom of my aura. We need to anchor deeper into the Earth's mantle now as just into the surface is not enough while the energy is shifting so rapidly. I now 'feel' gold at the end of my little ritual and say 'Gold Hold' and it lasts 6 - 8 hours. Using a shield visual is also excellent as is the visual of the hand up in front with a NO saying! Smiley Does not last as long as my first ritual.
StormJewel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 04:34:04 PM »

Oh do please be careful of the White Light Shield! When you create it you actually lock in any yuk stuff that has already got in

Thanks for pointing that out!  I actually tried the shield last night but kind of visualised it starting from the inside pushing through, I guess subconsciously I was aware of not trapping bad stuff in but its much better to be consciously aware!  Smiley

I'll give your visualisation a try it sounds very interesting.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: