Self-Development Forum
January 27, 2022, 03:15:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do to keep yourself motivated?  (Read 12548 times)
addymark

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2010, 09:38:24 AM »

Hello Everyone.
My motivational technique is to visualize myself as already successful and affirming this mental picture at least five times a day especially before falling asleep and immediately after waking up.

upgradereality

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 12:52:10 PM »

How is that working out for you, are you seeing any changes since you've started to do this?

Taking Personal Development to the next level!

If you're the kind of person who wants to squeeze every drop of friendship, s*x, health, love and success out of life...Click Here
Vega

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 07:04:31 PM »

My motivation is my daughter. She is two and she is the reason I get up everyday and work hard. I do everything so she can be happy as she grows up. When she is happy, I am happy. My thinking is that I'm not doing this for myself, I'm doing it for my daughter.

Vega Sinclair, Health Coach
 Health InsuranceInternational Medical Insurance
Tess
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 01:39:53 AM »

I remember raising my children and I was just like you and I loved my time with them.  .  Children are a gift from God.  Enjoy your time with your child  as it is so brief and you will wonder where the time has gone when they are all grown up..................

God Bless,

Tess xxx
Amy Twain

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 02:33:57 AM »

To keep myself motivated, I condition my mind that I already had the results. In short, I visualize to get what I want, but I also work hard on it. I also focus more on the positive than the negative in what I do.

Unlock your own secrets of success--now! http://goldminetosuccess.com/
topman123

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 11:14:52 AM »

Really some nice ways to get your self motivated...I always find myself depressed and will use these ways to get motivated as much as i can..

Jules

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 05:43:16 PM »

The trick I use is to work in very short, productive bursts of around 2 hours and then take a break. During the break, I ask myself, 'What's the best thing for me to do right now that will help me achieve my goals'. I can easily maintain my motivation for another burst of activity. I think that many people find motivation hard because they are looking at the long term rather than taking many baby steps towards your ultimate goal.

http://binauralaudios.com/special.html -$120 off special offer. Binaural beats for motivation, success and ultimate relaxation. Offer WILL end soon!
markanderson10

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 06:00:22 AM »

Really just adding to the above, the key is focus.  You need to find a method to keep you focused.  Everyone gets distracted by stuff, but the key to delivering success is to be able to keep you eyes on the goal, and its value to you.
Writing it down.  Share it with others.  Put it in the public domain.  Attach a chunk of pride to it.  Make it important.
And when you are really struggling, do something else for a small amount of time.  Like a day, max. To clear your head.  Then back in focus.

Mind Recipes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 06:55:05 AM »

I like what Jules said, and I also work in short bursts with extreme focus.

The other thing I do is reward myself when I have achieved what I have set out to do. This doesn't have to be an expensive reward. It could be half an hour in the bath with the music going, it may be a few hours off to visit friends. Only you can determine your reward. I plan my rewards in advance and this keeps me motivated to achieve what I set out to do.

"If your recipe sucks, it doesn't matter how good a cook you are" Timothy Ferriss - www.mindrecipes.com
Sueblue
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 09:30:27 AM »

I don't usually have a problem staying motivated. In fact, when I am driven, I can be a force of nature. Then it's how I deal with the time consuming things that get in the way and stop me from getting on with my projects that become an issue - having to go out to work, keep house and amuse the boyfriend (joke).
mcmandy65

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 02:26:40 AM »

My motivation is my family- my sis, my hubby, and my little boy.

hahhrot

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 07:13:17 PM »

Always  compared  my career located with my colleagues and  decided  the location that I want to rich  it makes me always motivating
healthqueen

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 05:38:28 AM »

The best motivation that can help you out is self-motivation, if you are self motivated then you need not depend on any kinda other factors that motivate you. It is said self motivation is the best motivation.
Lou_1973

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 02:35:02 PM »

Hi all, I totally agree with Jules & with healthqueen -- I'm always asking myself "what's the best thing I can do RIGHT NOW to bring me closer to my goal?".  Of course that implies one must have a worthy goal to begin with.  Which means the motivation comes from the inside (because one keeps one's goal inside) -- internal motivation (a.k.a. inspiration) is so much stronger than external motivation. 

This is what James Allen meant when he wrote:
"""
So you will be what you will to be,
Let failure find its false content
In that poor word 'environment',
But spirit scorns it, and is free.

It masters time, it conquers space,
It cows that boastful trickster, Chance,
And bids the tyrant Circumstance: 'Uncrown, and fill a servant's place!'

The human will, that force unseen,
The offspring of a Deathless Soul,
Can hew a way to any goal,
Though walls of granite intervene.

Be not impatient in delays
But wait as one who understands.
When spirit rises and commands
The gods are ready to obey.
"""

Which reminds me -- when my inspiration is running low, I find it in poetry and art and music.  It's like fuel for the soul.

Regards

Lou...

The Non-Budget : The proven 3-step method to take control of your personal finances
http://www.the-non-budget.com
pradap

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 12:45:23 PM »

You need to find a method to keep you focused.  Everyone gets distracted by stuff, but the key to delivering success is to be able to keep you eyes on the goal, and its value to you.
Writing it down.  Share it with others.  Put it in the public domain.  Attach a chunk of pride to it.  Make it important.

when you are really struggling, do something else for a small amount of time.  Like a day, max. To clear your head.
  Print  

Jump to: