Self-Development Forum
December 12, 2017, 08:26:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do to keep yourself motivated?  (Read 8098 times)
ShelaghD

Make life happen!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 07:11:34 PM »

I was recently searching for motivational quotes for my Facebook page and came across this one which has taken over as my favourite quote of all time.  I've printed out and put on my wall to read first thing every morning to motivate me:

“Build this day on a foundation of pleasant thoughts. Never fret at any imperfections that you fear may impede your progress. Remind yourself, as often as necessary, that you are a creature of God and have the power to achieve any dream by lifting up your thoughts. You can fly when you decide that you can. Never consider yourself defeated again. Let the vision in your heart be in your life's blueprint. Smile!”
Og Mandino

Shelagh  Smiley

Don't let life happen to you, make it happen for you!

Shelagh Dillon  www.FelicitasLifeCoach.com  

Find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/felicitaslifecoach for daily inspiration with light hearted approach
joya123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 10:04:24 AM »

Motivation follows action.

The key to motivation is to have a written plan that is a road map toward your desired results or outcome.
Become willing each day to practise one small action on your list.  Once the action is taken, something happens to us emotionally.

What happens is that the willingness to take the next step is triggered.  Motivation which must come from within is then activated more and more and will lead on to futher action.

This is what is known as a virtuous circle which is the opposite of a vicious circle.

Activating your motivation in this way is something that remains under your own control and is not affected by outside circumstances including your own moods.
brite007

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 10:19:53 AM »

for motivation i thought about my desires and goals .and these things keep me motivated.

nyasia55

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 10:13:32 AM »

At my workplace, I follow good habits and skills of other's persons and try to apply them in my own life. By this way I will keep my self motivated and energetic to learn all things becasue I know these things will help a lot in the future.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: