Self-Development Forum
June 28, 2017, 10:44:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop smoking....nothing worked for me....  (Read 19440 times)
Adventurer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 09:33:28 PM »

Now here's a funny story (true) related to smoking ....

This lady wanted a baby. She had been trying with her husband for 5 yrs without any luck. So she prayed for one. her husband said, "prayer works best if you promise to do something in exchange...". So she promised to give up smoking in return. Then she prayed for some help to give up the smoking, adding that she felt she couldn't do it on her own.

That night she had a nightmare  ... the devil was 'shoving' smoke down her throat, into her lungs, more and more and more ... until she woke up gasping for breath.

She wasn't able to face another cigarette after that.

9 months later she conceived .....

Beyond Symbols

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 06:24:33 PM »

9 months later she conceived .....

Yes, there is research which confirms that smoking makes conceiving more difficult, regardless of who of the partners smokes. Smoking is thought to impede the egg's transportation to the womb. And in men, I think it decreases the semen amount.

Healthy Living Magazine - reach health balance and family bliss. Health dangers are everywhere, e.g. do you know where dangerous bacteria hide?
RaincloudDance

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 05:03:07 AM »

Hi there!
I have just joined a few minutes ago and saw this page. Very interesting topic, much more info needed on it before you can make up your mind on how to tackle a smoking addiction. I do have the answer and it works, well it does if you know the right way to go about it. Being new to this site,  I don't know what I am allowed to say. But here goes. If anyone wants to stop smoking they can always email me for the correct safe method of giving up smoking and saving money and health issues. See my profile.  Smiley

Kindest regards
RaincloudDance
ScottCofer

Success = simple disciplines, repeated daily ...

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2011, 02:36:52 AM »

As has been stated, it all comes down to a firm decision to be an ex-smoker.  This "decision" process works for any bad habit ...

upgradereality

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2011, 11:28:59 AM »

Have you tried EFT  -emotional freedom technique.
It's highly effective.
Get the manual at http://www.eftuniverse.com

Taking Personal Development to the next level!

If you're the kind of person who wants to squeeze every drop of friendship, s*x, health, love and success out of life...Click Here
0 ranjith

FRIENDS ARE THE MESAURE OF A PERSON'S QUALITIES

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 01:48:02 PM »

As suggested by a member e cig can help.
However the best way is
Never put a pack of cigarette in your pocket. this is what is known as self control.

A light hearted talk
Of expressions
Of friendship
Of love
And Of happiness.......
Read on my blog:
Everything had left….. but not a drop of tear was shed
-Written by  Ranjith
fine4me

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2011, 01:49:56 PM »

Hello again,

I did stopped smoking a few years back with self control & discipline. Back then I was coping with withdrawal symptoms and my immune systems seemed so weak. I got all sorts of sickness like fever, joint & muscular pain, weakness & fatigue, etc...It was my wife who couldn't take it anymore that she urged me to smoke a few sticks and you guessed right, I'm hoked again ever since. He! He! Undecided

I swear I could have done it that time but I couldn't refuse my wife's pleading now she wants me to stop again but now I still don't want to. Grin
0 ranjith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2011, 01:18:34 PM »

Nah, stand with your face to the wall in the freezing cold and have a full cigarette all by yourself - so boring.

Best regards,
Tess xxx

didn't get what you menat. Is it that one can't enjoy smoking all alone?
-ranjith

A light hearted talk
Of expressions
Of friendship
Of love
And Of happiness.......
Read on my blog:
-Written by  Ranjith
linD43

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2011, 11:30:26 PM »

Hello again,

I did stopped smoking a few years back with self control & discipline.

I swear I could have done it that time but I couldn't refuse my wife's pleading now she wants me to stop again but now I still don't want to. Grin

One thing found to be common among smokers, drinkers, gamblers & even some people with weight issues is the presence of something called 'Addictive Heart Energy'.  That is why people who quit smoking often gain weight.  While they have used willpower to resist the cigarettes - the 'Addictive Heart Energy' remains,  so the compulsion just gets switched to food.

Dr. Brad Nelson, (author of the Emotion Code) who discovered this energy found that when he cleared this energy in himself, his life-long 'work-a-holic' tendencies cleared! I cleared this recently in someone who was unable to say NO when asked to volunteer for something. Now he says he finds it easy to say no to the things he really doesn't want to do and has MUCH more free time.  : )

Of course it's not magic (well, Ok, sometimes it is) but it certainly helps.  People I have cleared this energy from often report that the cigarettes just don't taste good anymore.  If your wife wins and you decide to give quitting another try, I'd be glad to test to see if you have  'Addictive Heart Energy'. Clearing it might make it easier next time around.  : )

linda

Releasing the trapped emotions keeping you stuck !
Who would YOU be without your heartwall blocking you from love and success?

www.thebodycodetohealth.com
'Physical & Emotional Healing for People & Pets'
Margueritav

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2011, 08:33:41 PM »

Tough one. For some, simply making the decision is enough, but this is highly dependent on your personality. My husband just decided he wasn't going to smoke anymore and it wasn't an issue for him. He is an all or nothing kind of guy! For others, giving up the addiction can be pure torture.

Everybody is different and different methods will work for different people. I would recommend a combination of approaches.

1. Making a decision not to smoke and having your own personal compelling reason not to is imperative. If smoking is more important to you than your reason, then you don't stand a chance. By focusing on what's more important than smoking when you are having cravings, you have a better chance.

2. Breathe deeply through each craving. Don't try to ignore it, but focus on it intensely and as you breathe out, concentrate on releasing the craving. Take every moment as it comes and remember that every moment you don't have a cigarette, the craving is losing it's power over you.

3. Notice if there is a specific time you have a craving - under stress, bored, lonely, uncertain, anxious, angry, frustrated, with friends. This could point to an emotional trigger that, once released, will eliminate the cravings.

4. Try EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) whilst you are experiencing a craving. Focus on the intensity of the feeling and what it represents for you. Where is the feeling in your body. Express whatever you are feeling during the craving, don't hold back. If you have an emotional trigger, use it for that.

5. NLP is also a very powerful tool. Although I haven't had much experience with it myself, there is a 60 minute quit program in Australia that I believe is extremely effective.

Hope this helps. Definitely you have to want to give up more than you want to smoke. Otherwise the argument is pointless.

All the best with quitting!
0 ranjith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2011, 12:54:07 PM »

Tough one. For some, simply making the decision is enough, but this is highly dependent on your personality. My husband just decided he wasn't going to smoke anymore and it wasn't an issue for him. He is an all or nothing kind of guy! For others, giving up the addiction can be pure torture.

Everybody is different and different methods will work for different people. I would recommend a combination of approaches.

1. Making a decision not to smoke and having your own personal compelling reason not to is imperative. If smoking is more important to you than your reason, then you don't stand a chance. By focusing on what's more important than smoking when you are having cravings, you have a better chance.

2. Breathe deeply through each craving. Don't try to ignore it, but focus on it intensely and as you breathe out, concentrate on releasing the craving. Take every moment as it comes and remember that every moment you don't have a cigarette, the craving is losing it's power over you.

3. Notice if there is a specific time you have a craving - under stress, bored, lonely, uncertain, anxious, angry, frustrated, with friends. This could point to an emotional trigger that, once released, will eliminate the cravings.

4. Try EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) whilst you are experiencing a craving. Focus on the intensity of the feeling and what it represents for you. Where is the feeling in your body. Express whatever you are feeling during the craving, don't hold back. If you have an emotional trigger, use it for that.

5. NLP is also a very powerful tool. Although I haven't had much experience with it myself, there is a 60 minute quit program in Australia that I believe is extremely effective.

Hope this helps. Definitely you have to want to give up more than you want to smoke. Otherwise the argument is pointless.

All the best with quitting!
I have very much liked the first point. focussing on something else that is much more important to us. That is known as diverting our attention. For example: Imagine you have been knocked down by a bike and bloog is oozing out from your hands. It gives you much pain. But if there is something else much more serious than that, something like a close friend or relative of yours admitted in hospital, you forget your pain as it is only a minor thing and there is something more important. Trying to shift our focus to some other thing might not be that easy but with determination one can do it.

The journey to heartbreaks via happiness

-ranjith

A light hearted talk
Of expressions
Of friendship
Of love
And Of happiness.......
Read on my blog:
-Written by  Ranjith
kimboy

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2011, 10:08:20 AM »

NLP. Anchor smoking a cigarette to feeling realy ill. It can genuinely work but you need to do some studying or maybe even consult someone who has professional experience with NLP (neuro linguistic programming)

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: