Self-Development Forum
June 25, 2017, 07:07:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop smoking....nothing worked for me....  (Read 19389 times)
Rangeswar

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 12:42:50 AM »

"Secrets"; -I'm curious how you go with e-cigs. in my humble opinion, the most dangerous element of all with smoking is by far the carbon monoxide poisoning. i don't smoke, but if other techniques or suggestions relating to will power still failed me, e-cigs might likely be where i would start.   
Tess
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 12:54:11 AM »

talking to the wall !!!
Rangeswar

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 03:17:31 AM »

hypothetically, if i had given up on will power attempts in regards to smoking, and felt that Theresa's ("Tess's") advice sounded like it included too much will power for my liking, i would make an exception due to her re-assertion. Why? Because her encouragement has helped me out tremendously in the past couple of months since joining the forum. "Secrets", you may be very pleased that you made the effort!

From my experiences with advice from Theresa, i would be very cautious to underestimate what she has to say; -especially when she has the qualification of experience behind her.

i like the idea of e-cigs, because the logic makes the best sense i've heard outside creative will power. Nicotine is the likely addictive substance, so tackle that lastly. Firstly, however, eliminate the carbon monoxide poisoning immediately!!

Rangeswar

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 03:53:57 AM »

My approach in a nutshell:

1. immediately trial e-cigs.

If the trial proved successful, then, to tackle the nicotine addiction:

2. trial talking to the wall!

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 05:20:56 AM by Rangeswar » Logged
Rangeswar

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 04:03:29 AM »

I need to add:

If talking to the wall proved not to be my thing, i would likely borrow another (or best of all) customise my own creative will power technique!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 04:08:46 AM by Rangeswar » Logged
Rangeswar

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 02:07:07 AM »

Sounds good JD. I've only just viewed the 7 minute video on EFT for the first time, after meaning to for a few days now.
Tess
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 12:39:01 AM »

Hi Secrets,

You have got it in one!  Willpower is the key, and we all have it to some degree but if we really focus we can achieve anything.  There is no body or no one will stop you doing what is not good for you but you.  No outside influence will help you - you must do it for yourself and stop looking to others to help you.  We control our own lives and we give our power to no one.  If we fail then it is our failure.  Seek within yourself and you will succeed.  We are all the same no better no worse than anyone else.

Check out Admin's response - he is absolutely right.........
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:41:34 AM by Tess » Logged
Tess
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 12:45:29 AM »

Rangeswar,

I didn't talk to the wall, I smoked whilst looking at the wall! Smoking, looking at the wall, taking a puff, looking at the wall, nothing to enjoy but puffing away loads just to get back to normality!!  I felt ridiculous! and it was pouring with rain lol
Rangeswar

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 07:53:23 AM »

thanks for sharing your creative powers of will Tess. in australia, we have a well known cricketer from the 1970's called Doug Walters. he was very talented, but could not manage to conjuer up the will power to ever quit the heavy habit that he had. so much so that whilst he was on the cricket field, he said he could mainly only think about the next break; -namely the opportunity to smoke some cigarettes.

this year he was told to try laser EFT. he smoked about 40 cigarettes a day. all he could think about during the laser treatment was 'when will then treatment end so that i can have a cigarette?' but incredibly, when the treatment was over, he lost all desire to smoke at all; -and has never had the desire since. i thought that was impressive.
Tess
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2010, 12:25:21 AM »

That is great news Rangeswar!
Diggy

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 08:09:08 AM »

NLP. Anchor smoking a cigarette to feeling realy ill. It can genuinely work but you need to do some studying or maybe even consult someone who has professional experience with NLP (neuro linguistic programming)

Self Growth -is what I write about.

Read my Rocket French Review to see how I learn to speak French.
LizB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2010, 10:36:19 AM »

My daughter swears by Alan Carr''s method. But I found Nicorette worked for me. Now I can't even stand the smell of them! I did use Nicorette for ages though- at least 2 years. It was better than smoking because there are no poisons in it except for the nicotine itself which is a stimulant like caffeine, and it didn't smell! 
Dzierba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2010, 03:02:02 AM »

The hard part to quitting is getting past the first two weeks. You feel horrible through those 14 days. I feel that it's more smooth sailing after that. I don't mean to promote myself, but the smoking addictions article on my site is a great way to get started towards quitting smoking.

LizB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2010, 04:08:15 AM »

I think the thing to keep in mind is that you can never ever smoke another cigarette. If you do you will be off again and soon back to your 20+ a day.
Also there is a big danger time at about 3 months post quitting when you really think you have cracked it and then suddenly all the cravings reappear.  You need to be especially careful at this time. This is a well known phenomenon in animal psychology too.
Tuhin

champion.tuhin
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2011, 12:32:26 PM »

I was a smoker once. I just decided to stop smoking and all done.

Tuhin

Success doesn't come to you, you go to success.
Receive free self help newsletters and cutting edge tools at www.personaldevelopmentpage.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: