Self-Development Forum
August 18, 2017, 02:37:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop smoking....nothing worked for me....  (Read 20119 times)
secrets
« on: December 30, 2009, 08:30:41 AM »

i have spent hundred and hundreds of $$$ on hypnosis, accupuncture,healing,pills,Zyban,Alan Carr method,etc etc and nothing has worked for me.
Has anyone found anything that really works apart from determined will power.?
admin plant

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 04:51:17 PM »

Not putting the cigarette in your mouth usually works.

Tongue
Tess
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 08:35:53 PM »

very funny lol x
secrets
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 08:09:50 AM »

Strange people ! not at all funny. Sad
cg72

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 02:04:51 PM »

Have you tried the e-cig?  Lots of people seem to swear by it.  Ok, so you will still be hooked to the nicotine, but won't be inhaling any of the other cancer causing gunk
secrets
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 03:13:49 PM »

Thankyou cg72,i am going to try them as i hear the success rate for completely stopping is helped enormously by e-cigs.
Tess
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 08:44:56 PM »

I am laughing at Admin's response.  As an ex smoker - that is what I had to do  - not put a cigarette in my mouth!!! it worked - and it was the pits!!  

What is an e-cig?  I will  pass the info onto my husband.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 12:59:11 AM by Tess » Logged
admin plant

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 03:50:06 PM »

Smoke consciously
"This is a paraphrase and reference to information from Bill Harris. In order to stop smoking you must smoke consciously. Most people are trying to figure out why they smoke or how to stop, but all that is just a perpetual trap of the mind to distract you from seeing yourself. If you take an observers position and simply watch yourself smoke you will begin to see yourself from a larger perspective which gives you a position of power; rather than being a victim of “the nicotine monster”. When you can, try watching yourself smoke and see if it changes anything for you."
Tess
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 04:01:23 PM »

I smoked facing a wall outside in the freezing cold without a jumper on
cg72

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 08:03:57 PM »

To Tess : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecig - basically it explains it all here.  It is a battery powered device made to simulate smoking, generally made to look like a cigarette with a nicotine cartridge, which as you inhale, allows you to breathe in nicotine.  It also gives off a water vapour i believe, that looks like smoke as you breathe out.  So in effect, you smoke it like a cigarette and blow out 'smoke' The end also glows as you breathe in to simulate the glowing end of a cigarette. Although you are still inhaling addictive nicotine, you are not inhaling any of the other zillion chemicals found in tobacco smoke.  i havent smoked for years so have never tried it, but a lot of people seem to find it helpful in giving up smoking
gypsygirl

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 10:25:44 PM »

If nothing worked for you, its because you really dont want to quit.  I quit for the last time a year ago by,  making a decision to quit and refusing to put another one in my mouth. 
Tess
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 11:37:16 PM »

I agree gypsy,  I just need to turn my face to the wall and think "what on earth am I doing" - whatever works .

Good night and God Bless
Tess xx
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 01:09:34 AM by Tess » Logged
gypsygirl

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 10:04:17 AM »

Hi Tess,

Yes.  I used to think smoking helped me deal with stress.  Then I started to think about what it was doing to my health.  What was more important?  enjoying life or a few moments of pleasure.  It also helped me to see the habit for what it was.  My husband still smokes and I make him take it outside, regardless of the weather.   Good Luck
upgradereality

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 09:16:53 PM »

Make a commitment to your girlfriend or best friend to pay them $5 everytime you smoke. Then actually do this. You'll soon get sick of giving away money!

Taking Personal Development to the next level!

If you're the kind of person who wants to squeeze every drop of friendship, s*x, health, love and success out of life...Click Here
Tess
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 11:33:01 PM »

Nah, stand with your face to the wall in the freezing cold and have a full cigarette all by yourself - so boring.

Best regards,
Tess xxx
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: