Self-Development Forum
June 28, 2017, 07:02:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Has this ever happened to you?  (Read 13188 times)
bsnider

View Profile WWW Email
« on: November 30, 2009, 04:58:19 PM »

I suspect that my experience may be very common.  This happened about 35 years ago, I was about 35 at the time, and I was living with my ex wife and children in a small Texas town.  I was alone in the car, driving in town, when a male voice, inside my head, told me to turn around and go back to a liquor store that was not on the route that I had taken. I objected, thinking that I did not want my church friends to see me going into a liquor store.  The voice said, with a tone of frustration, “your not going to buy anything.”  So I went back to the liquor store.  There was a car with some young men in it parked outside and an older lady inside.  I briefly talked to her without telling her why or what had sent me there and then started to leave.  She begged me to stay and told me that she was terrified of the young men outside in their car.  I stayed until the young men left and I have never told anybody about this until recently.  The voice was very clear, just like someone was sitting next to me in the car and the situation tells me that the person or being attached to the voice was compassionate. 

Is this as common as I suspect.  Has anybody else had a similar experience?   

Be strong and outspoken
when falsehood is spoken
http://bobsmart.com
Tess
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 01:29:36 AM »

Hiya, and welcome to the forum

It has never happened to me. I feel sure you had an experience that many of us would envy as you saved this woman's life.  I have lucid dreams, don't know what it means.  I pay no attention to them but they are coming up each day stronger than ever.  Maybe someone on forum can explain it to me.
bsnider

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 05:11:10 PM »

Hiya, and welcome to the forum

It has never happened to me. I feel sure you had an experience that many of us would envy as you saved this woman's life.  I have lucid dreams, don't know what it means.  I pay no attention to them but they are coming up each day stronger than ever.  Maybe someone on forum can explain it to me.

Tess,

My understanding of dreams is that they are your mind working out problems or situations that you are concerned about.  As a result, only the dreamer can really understand their dream and what it means.  You may be plagued more by remembering dreams that you would just as soon not remember.  You can probably stop remembering them by using the power of suggestion.   

Be strong and outspoken
when falsehood is spoken
Tess
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 11:32:03 PM »

Hi,

When I first came onto the forum I went onto a "dream" thread and I put my two pennies in saying that my teacher of TM said that dreams were a way to let go.  As time has gone by I have met a psychologist who believes you should write your dreams down when you awake.  I haven't written them down but I do take note when I awake to see what a fantastic journey I have been on - and believe you me - they are fantastic lol.  What do I think - well I am unsure.  My husband and I are getting ready for retirement so I suppose my dreams are hugely vivid at the moment (laughs).  When all is settled and the two of us are walking in the woods admiring this and that and calming down I reckon my dreams will also.  I am not frightened of my dreams at all - they are just so vivid at the moment.

Tess xx
pushpendra

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 06:23:04 AM »

such thing never happened to me.u r indeed lucky that ur heart speaks to u.I wish I had the same kinda experience.

http://scholarsresearchlibrary.com/AASR-first-issue/aasr-first-issue-65-73.html
Aspelay09

283634312 frowlslogslomr@gmail.com REALNAME REALNAME
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 08:16:40 AM »

Cool. Its happened to me recently but some of the people I know I cant talk about past lives with, possibly because of religious deferences or just not sure how theyd feel about me saying, " I feel a connection to you".
MikeJsimon

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 11:27:54 AM »

My mind habitually skips either into daydreaming or worrying about future ... My daydreams represent my ego. My anxieties represent my fear.

Adge747

Health is Your Greatest Wealth.

adge747@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 10:52:12 AM »

I have had a similar experience whilst traveling to a job some considerable distance from my base, I had a feeling that my wife wanted to talk to me, when I arrived at my destination I asked if I could use their phone, this was way before mobiles! I called my wife and asked her if she wanted me and she said "oh1 you got my message then"! It was only a loaf of bread she wanted me to get from the shop on my way home.
Then a family friend passed away, and at exactly the time of her death she appeared to me in a dream even though I was 6,000 miles away at the time!

http://www.healthyanswers.co.uk
Health is Your Greatest Wealth!
Take care of it.
bsnider

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 02:07:17 PM »

I have had a similar experience whilst traveling to a job some considerable distance from my base, I had a feeling that my wife wanted to talk to me, when I arrived at my destination I asked if I could use their phone, this was way before mobiles! I called my wife and asked her if she wanted me and she said "oh1 you got my message then"! It was only a loaf of bread she wanted me to get from the shop on my way home.
Then a family friend passed away, and at exactly the time of her death she appeared to me in a dream even though I was 6,000 miles away at the time!

It's interesting, all these little clues to what life is really all about.  Your communication from your wife,  your friend leaving this game we call life and saying goodbye on her way out and my very direct communication from some fellow up there.  These are all clues that tell me that real reality is much more then what most of us see around us, but, obviously the higher ups don't want us to have too much information, do they?   Cool

Be strong and outspoken
when falsehood is spoken
Adge747

Health is Your Greatest Wealth.

adge747@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 08:35:15 PM »

I understand there is a lot of investigation into this kind of phenomena going on at the present time, mostly by academics who tend to be very skeptical and try to prove it doesn't happen rather than prove it can and does.
They are of course following the general scientific rules that state it must be seen to happen otherwise it cannot be! Much the same as they don't approve of homeopathic healing.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 08:38:49 PM by Adge747 » Logged

http://www.healthyanswers.co.uk
Health is Your Greatest Wealth!
Take care of it.
Sueblue
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 10:22:39 AM »

I'm increasingly coming to the conclusion that academics who work within the auspices of "officialdom", i.e. they work in a university, using grant money for funding, have a tendency to be tied to what research the university will allow, and what the grant boards are willing to fund.

Case in point: Michael Hutchison (of Megabrain fame) laments the fact that any serious research into applied neuroscience either has to be medical in nature (e.g. how to cure epilepsy), or in the sphere of clinical psychology (e.g. can we cure ADD?). The more he used his journalism background to investigate, the more he discovered that any research in the direction of pushing the envelope of human ability and the human experience just wasn't supported or funded. That's why you'll find all sorts of journals online explaining how neurofeedback has been used by doctors or psychologists to cure this or that, but the pure academic research into how such technology could be used to boost the mental abilities of the average or above average person just hasn't been done, because it isn't funded.

Psychical research, I feel, comes into a similar category.

Also, you have to consider the fact that any academic coming out and saying, "Hey, psi is legit!" faces being a lone voice among the establishment. So whereas I think there are probably many potential researchers who think there is serious work to be done in this area, and are enthusiastic or at least open-minded about the subject, they dare not voice such an opinion if they are serious about building up a portfolio of work that will give them peer reviews and "credibility".

You might want to check out the site of Dr. Celia Green: www.celiagreen.com. She is an independent academic (she has her own research group, rather than belonging to a university). She has done some work into psi, and unashamedly so.
taurusincus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 03:16:39 PM »

I too did not had such an experience.it was really amazing.i have heard that there is always a guardian angel accompanying you . he speaks to you and guides you through the difficult situations if you are alert and receptive enough.

so it seems your guardian angel was at play.

The video that changed my LIFE!
FreddieJones

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 05:30:50 PM »

It happened to many people, you just need to hear the voice and accept it. You experienced and didn't ignored so that's why you are wondering but majority of the people ignore so they don't have anything special.

Watch This Video - It Changed My Life!
breakShackles

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 10:30:13 PM »

I have had a similar experience. I was travelling from Northern Quebec with three other co-workers back to Montreal. It was late at night and the four of us fell asleep including the driver. I heard a voice in my head telling me, with urgency, to wake up. Since I did not react right away, the angel shook me and screamed  inside my head to wake up and stop the car. I was in the back seat behind the driver. I woke up and saw that the driver was asleep and the car was leaving the highway. I don't remember how I got to the driver side. The only thing that I remembered was that I stopped the car from going into the ditch, and that I woke up my co-workers. This is not my only experience with angels. I believe in them because I have had so many help from them.
Lou_1973

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 06:48:33 AM »

In the last 5 years I've had about 10 such experiences -- mine weren't voices but just thoughts popping into my mind, really strong thoughts which I know were not my own.  When they asked Thomas Edison (who filed over 1000 patents for his inventions) where he got the ideas from, he said his ideas came from outer space.  I think he experienced the same thing -- experiencing thoughts / urges / voice / ideas which he knew were not his own.

In retrospect I realised these two things:
1 - They are definitely powered by emotion.  Your lady in the car must have been really terrified and her strong emotion was what powered the voice.  I've had them from love to fear to loneliness to a profound feeling that everything's gonna be OK -- but the emotions were not mine, they were in the other person who transmitted them.
2 - The more you act on them, the easier you recognise the next one when it comes to you.  I think it IS in fact fairly common, but most people rationalise it away (rationalise = rational lies)

I wish there was some way to repeat this experience at will, some way to turn it into a science.

Having said that, I'm cautious not to fall into some superstition -- what I call "the Joan of Arc phenomenon" -- in the beginning of her mission, Joan of Arc was SO SURE that "the voices in hear head" was the voice of God, and only later (when it was too late) she thought that maybe it wasn't, maybe she was mistaken after all.  Maybe she only wanted to hear the voice of God so badly that her subconscious mind made it up -- like some women who experience a "false pregnancy" because they want it so badly.  But that's a whole different conversation for another day on another thread.

Regards

Lou...

The Non-Budget : The proven 3-step method to take control of your personal finances
http://www.the-non-budget.com
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: