Self-Development Forum
June 25, 2017, 12:06:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lucid Dreaming & Sleep Paralysis  (Read 6313 times)
Kristi

View Profile WWW Email
« on: November 11, 2009, 06:44:35 AM »

Does anyone here experience sleep paralysis?  It's basically a state where you feel like you are awake, but you cannot move.  You feel there is someone or something in the room with you, but you cannot get away or defend yourself or even cry out for help. 

I have heard that learning lucid dreaming techniques help when you are experiencing an episode of sleep paralysis, so I was wondering if anyone has tried it, how they did it, and what the results were.

Kristi

Trytolearnmore

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 05:35:25 PM »

Yes, i've experienced i. But, I couldn't control it.

And, as I understand, you need sleep paralysis to experience an OBE, you don't need to experience it if you want to lucid dream.

BarelyHangingOn
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 06:41:45 AM »

I experience the feeling you described quite a bit actually. It's horrific to me on many levels. It's usually associated with something like drowning, not being able to breath or some other kind of trauma until I wake myself up. I wake up one step away from screaming.

It's not a good thing.
developingagent

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 05:19:32 AM »

I have never experienced it, but I don't like the sound of it. I have read that the best way to deal with sleep paralysis is to stay calm (when you feel like throwing a fit). It is not easy; but usually, sleep paralysis is not related to lucid dreaming, unless you went from lucid dreaming to astral projection and experienced this when you were returning to your body.
ldreamerlop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 12:11:56 PM »

yes, i had it few times, it happenes when your mind is awake before the body is awake. nothing to be worry about, people dont stuck in this position it usually stop after few minutes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: