Self-Development Forum
June 25, 2017, 12:06:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dreaming of being posessed and tortured  (Read 5013 times)
beccas

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2009, 07:55:33 AM »

I dont think i have lucid dreams, but i do often remember dreams that I have had. The other night i woke from a horrible dream where i was first posessed and was torturing myself by slamming myself into the ground, then it changed to a man torturing me by tickling and poking me but i wasnt able to move. Im not happy in my life at the moment, could this dream mean something important?   Huh
Sanjay Agrawal
Believe In The Here And The Now
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 04:50:44 AM »

Hello beccas,

It is said that dreams are a re-packaged version of the deeply-held thoughts and emotions that we have invested a considerable amount of cathexis in, during our waking hours. The torture that you visualize you are giving yourself in your dreams must, therefore, be but that very same cathexis rearing its head and giving you an outsider's-perspective-in, into your situation.

The best way to resolve your situation might be to let go off the feeling of helplessness and hopelessness, to shift away from the state of "not (being) happy in my life", and to focus on areas where there is gratitude and blessing.

God bless,
Sanjay.

My Spiritual Retreat On The Web: quest for Nirvana
StormJewel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 02:30:31 PM »

I see this is an old topic, but I'll write in it for anyone else having a difficult time in life and bad dreams.

I know it might sound dull but I've found meditation a really great way of coping with difficult times in your life, sometimes I was so stressed it was the only time I felt good.  Guided meditations are great if you are new to meditation.  Note that it does (at least with me) take a few goes before you start to feel the benefits.

If you do it before bed you are less likely to have bad dreams (as you will have helped resolve some of what is on your mind and is causing nightmares).

I give away meditation music on my website,
http://www.stormjewelsgifts.com/164-free-meditation-music

there's also a free meditation by Meditainment that I really recommend (they are brilliant, they have guided meditations with sound effects, music, beautiful stories and more, (I sometimes have insomnia and their sleep meditation has really helped me)
http://www.stormjewelsgifts.com/content/11-free-secret-garden-meditation

and if you join my mailing list I occasionally send out a newsletter with a free guided meditation mp3 from my personal collection (I'm not too regular with my newsletters at the mo, so much to do! but trying and their should be a new one out soon.)

Hope that helps.

Also for those having sleep troubles you may wish to make a dream pillow using herbs like lavender (relaxing), mullein (helps avoid nightmares).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: