Self-Development Forum
June 28, 2017, 10:43:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mails from psychics  (Read 11592 times)
sleepless

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2006, 04:27:44 AM »

Hi again,

I keep getting mails from people who claim to be psychics. I don't know how my email address ended up in their list.

they offer to provide me with a reading against a fee. I was wondering how much of it is correct, and how much of it is pure money-making and fraud. I mean, how can people do a "reading" when the only thing they know about a person is their email address?

The fee ranges anywhere from $20 to $100. Not expensive, but not cheap, too!

TomSKinney
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 05:32:44 AM »

It is the combination of your intent to be read with their intent to do a reading along with the e-mail address for a focus. I have done reiki attunements successfully with only a screen name on a forum like this.
toni75

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 04:59:53 AM »

Hello tom,

I had gone through a reiki treatment procedure from a local teacher here, but it didn't help my depression.

I wonder how reiki attunement is possible remotely, if face-to-face interaction did not yield any results?

It would be great to know of any good reiki teacher who can help me overcome my problem. I feel every passing day is taking me closer to the dumps.

Thanks for any succour that you can provide. Thanks to the universe for everything.
cave_man

Still in the cave! :)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 01:25:40 AM »

Hello Tom,

I too would like to learn Reiki, I don't have anybody who can teach the subject in my local area. Your point about online reiki teaching is interesting, and I wish to sign up myself. Since you already know somebody who does it well, it would be nice to go for them; rather than googling and experimenting with relatively unknown teachers.

cave_man.

Hypocrisy. Oneupmanship. Superiority Complex. That indulgent smile. Oh, How Much I Hate All These In You!!!
TomSKinney
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 12:33:49 AM »

The person at http://www.xehupatl.com/ has attuned hundreds of people and is a good choice for free attunements. Also, I'd suggest signing up for the mailing list at the bottom of the page http://www.olegabrielsen.com/ so you can try the free Usui Reiki audio empowerment. There are also 2 other free audio empowerments you will find if you look through the ones he offers for sale.
Sanjay Agrawal
Believe In The Here And The Now
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 04:24:16 AM »

Hello Tom,

Do the online attunements take one right to the third level? Including the Master Symbol?

I remember my first and second level attunements: our Master going through an elaborate ritual that involved him drawing all the symbols above the crown of my head. It lasted about half-an-hour, iirc. We were asked to come attired in loose, white clothes; with some do's and don'ts to be followed in the preceding seven days.

I guess technology has made rituals redundant! Smiley

Cheers, and here's wishing you a very happy new year,
Sanjay.

My Spiritual Retreat On The Web: quest for Nirvana
TomSKinney
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 09:03:08 PM »

You can make a reiki attunement as simple or as elaborate as you want. As long as there is a good connection between the teacher and the student, and both intend for the attunement to happen, it will work. It can be as easy as sending the attunement into a glass of water, by holding it in your hands and intending the energies to flow into the water and then giving it to the student to drink it. It can be a small glass of water and the process can be over in less than a minute.
giarbi

An empty vessel to be filled!

getrealbob
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 03:18:35 AM »

Hello sleepless, you don't by chance live in Seattle do you?  Sorry about the pun! Wink

About your inquiry of the psychic mailings you've been getting, I have personally, and within the last 4 months, sent for reading's in both the mail and online, more or less in desperation to get my self development all the resources I could muster up!  I am not an authority on the subject by any means as this would have been my first time ever contacting a psychic of any kind!

But I am an authority on falling for just about every sales pitch conceived by man and after spending a couple hundred bucks I found that every so called reading that I got from snail mail psychics was like something you could find in the New York Times astrology section!  When you start seeing mailings from a guy called "The Amazing Kreskin" then you'll know that you are in a mailing loop that trades your info amongst themselves!  I was certain this was happening so I tricked them by emailing one and made a name change from Bob to Robert.  Within three days I got mailings from four different so called psychics all with the name change and the ones that were sending to me as Bob, changed theirs too! 

I always check the scam sites now before sending any money, but there is always someone who is dis grunted with any service and so check all the following sites before making a decision that someone is a real scam.  My rule of thumb is if I find them on more than one site then it's a good indication that you don't want to send them any money!

<http://www.complaints.com/>

<http://www.consumer.org.nz/>

<http://www.ripoffreport.com/>

<http://www.scam.com/>

Save your money and go see a local psychic that has a good reputation in your area if there is one!  There is only one psychic online that I can recommend that didn't seem to be a repeating newspaper astrology section and that is a lady named Jenna and I found her on <aboutastro.com>.  You can read the reading that I paid $60 for here:
<http://www.aboutastro.com/report-download.php?c=jxjcs>

As you will see the dates for this reading started Tuesday the 23rd and so if you like you can follow along with the progress or lack thereof!

Hope this is helpful to you!

giarbi

Hi again,

I keep getting mails from people who claim to be psychics. I don't know how my email address ended up in their list.

they offer to provide me with a reading against a fee. I was wondering how much of it is correct, and how much of it is pure money-making and fraud. I mean, how can people do a "reading" when the only thing they know about a person is their email address?

The fee ranges anywhere from $20 to $100. Not expensive, but not cheap, too!

violinm9

violinm9
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM »

What is Reiki?

shakira

I cannot cause the dead to arise through wizardry

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 09:45:44 AM »

Hi,

Psychically speaking, it is possible for one to do a reading online. Physical presence is not really necessary.

But as Giarbi points out, there are so many conmen out there who bring a bad name to our trade, that I    shudder to even think of going online with my work!!! For me, the comfort and convenience of seeing the client across the table is  more preferable, than to have someone cast a slur on my name!!!        Cool

~Shakira~

Tha faemnan, the gewuniath onfon gealdorcraeftigan and scinlaecan and wiccan, ne laet thu tha libban!
secrets
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 06:45:25 PM »

i personally have my doubts about on line readings..........the things they say could apply to almost anyone.

ldreamerlop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 12:15:45 PM »

at first try to consult with psychic that you might know or your friends know, also check their websites and see if you can get more information. there are also free psychic on the net in forums and blogs, maybe this is also a solution for you at least on the start.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: