Self-Development Forum
June 25, 2017, 12:09:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: not having any dreams and cant remember them  (Read 5875 times)
jaywhojay
« on: June 08, 2009, 12:24:03 AM »

latly i have not been dreaming and remember just a little and thats about it
when i wake up later in the day i dont rememeber what i was dreaming about
i believe it is healthy to dream therefore i am worried and i want to learn how to dream more
i am on natural anti-depressants
tryphonia but had more dreams on this than before taking it
ive had some dreams where i could feel a female and my brain told me she was in the next room and i find myself sleep walking looking for her !!
i even called my ex in my sleep and talked a bit !
Tess
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 02:10:34 AM »

My teacher told me many years ago, that dreaming was a release of tension - and to this day I believe him.
Trytolearnmore

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 08:37:00 AM »

Try to write down at least what you remembered.

Sueblue
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 09:15:27 AM »

Whether or not you remember your dreams, unless you are taking some kind of chemical drug that suppresses dreaming, your brain will ensure you get all the dreaming you need for your health. Just make sure you get enough hours' sleep and it will happen.

What do you mean by natural antidepressants? You mean like St. John's Wort or something?

On the point about remembering dreams, I can't remember them during the daytime, but I often remember the same dream when I'm falling asleep, from which I conclude that remembering dreams could be state-specific, i.e. you have to be in a dreamlike state to remember your dreams.
StormJewel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 06:24:31 PM »

I have two tips for those who want to remember their dreams.

1. Years ago I started a dream diary and would write down any I remembered as soon as I woke up.  I think I only did this for a few weeks and since then usually remember my dreams

2. Get enough sleep.  There are all different types of sleep, some which do not contain dreams.  If you get enough sleep you will likely start to dream in the morning and then it is easy to remember your dreams.

Good luck!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: