Self-Development Forum
December 15, 2017, 04:27:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is Mind Power Really?  (Read 15754 times)
flynn

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2009, 05:06:50 PM »

Mind power - it sounds awesome, the kind of stuff that everybody wants and it is something that is being talked about more and more. But what is mind power and what does it really mean?

When I read or hear the words: mind power, a picture forms in my mind of me using my thoughts to beam some invisible force out at some target and making it do what I want. Itís a common interpretation and Iím guessing its not too unlike what youíre imagining either. Itís a powerful idea that captures and feeds our imagination, and it is depicted and reinforced over and again in movies, books, paintings, and comicsÖ.

It is a concept that we all readily understand, because it is something we intuitively know is real and every now and then we experience proof of it. We think of something that we want, we forget about it, and a few days later it shows up in our life, usually in an unexpected way. We think of someone we havenít been in touch for a long time, the phone rings, and it is them saying ďhelloĒ on the other end. When it happens its great, a thrill, but weíve no idea how it happened or how to make it happen again, and when we try it doesnít work.

Having these experiences isnít experiencing true mind power. It is only having a glimpse of an inner potential that we all have, but which is in most of us underdeveloped. When you possess true mind power you become increasingly able to use it in a predictable and controlled way, and understand too, that there can be a gap between hitting your target and experiencing the intended result.

Possessing this kind of mind power is possible, and some do have it, or are on their way to having it. But the truth is most people will never have it because they are not willing to do what it takes to develop it. Developing oneís mind power takes time, requiring patience, and persistence. It is a serious  commitment but the rewards are incomparable.

Grin

Flynn

http://www.positivemindstates.com

Flynn
Tess
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 11:15:16 PM »

Do you have it?
flynn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 06:57:16 PM »

Good question Tess.

An  obvious one really, though we often miss the obvious.

To answer: it is definately developing in me.

I continue to manifiest things consciously in my life and
have more synchronicities, and more very nice 'paranormal'
experiences. I also have a lot more peace and serenity, now
that I am harnessing and disciplining my mind.

If you'd like more examples, you can read a bit about
some of these things on my Squidoo lens:

http://www.squidoo.com/Plugging-Into-The-Matrix-With-Rapid-Data-Tranfer-An-Experiment

Kind regards,

Flynn Wink
Tess
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 10:39:44 PM »

Thanks for getting back to me and for sending me the link.  I have read some of it and will read all of it tomorrow.  I am definitely going to buy some spirulina  that's for sure.  Seems to me you and I are on the same page and want the same thing, harmony, happiness and joy.  My journey has taken me in allsorts of directions and I have listened to many teachers which all more or less say the same thing.  Some teachers say "kill it" by doing "this" - which scares me as I am sure you know it will fight you back hence the cognitive dissonance which, for me has been of huge concern as I am soooooo sensitive - so I have a few days rest and then re-evaluate and simply meditate before going deeper down to what I want to achieve.  Other teachers have said we got the ego by mistake and shouldn't even be there and as long as you meditate it will untangle itself.  The site you sent to me where they progress more quickly than ordinary meditation scares me a bit.  I have allsorts of Cd's, one in particular is Hemi-Sync which I feel strange when I am listening to it and then get scared I am doing something I may not be able to cope with.  All comes back to cognitive dissonance which I struggle with.  Although I want enlightenment I am a reluctant student lol x.  For your info I have listened to so many teachers, my favourites being, Jon Kabat-Zinn, Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer,  Jack Kornfield, Don Miguel Ruiz, Eckhart Tolle, Thich Nhat Hahn, and, at the moment I am listening to Shinzen Young on stages of enlightenment.

I suppose what I feel at the moment is that I want what's going to happen - to happen naturally.  My meditation which is based on mindful is a 24 hour operation - I cannot help it now so it will go where it goes and I have no control - I feel what I feel, good or bad and I don't push anything away anymore.  I can tell you some days are pretty miserable.  I suppose that comes with all the years of pushing stuff away and now I am having to deal with them on the thinking level before I can even get to the sticky level beneath.  I may be wrong but, like I said I have this cognitive dissonance which I would sincerely like to go away.

With kind regards,
Theresa
flynn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 01:08:08 PM »

Hello Theresa,

Its a natural process to go through a dark night of the soul.

Step by step, our paths are all unique, but paradoxically are
also the same.

I am posting another thread here a little later today which I
will title: A Personal Mind Power Revelation. I think it will be
of interest to you.

Just when you think you are stuck, is usually when a shift
comes about. But have no doubt, stay with it, and it will
shift - everything arises and passes away.

With love and peace,

Christine

www.positivemindstates.com
 Cheesy
Tess
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 10:49:12 PM »

Hi Christine,

I loved reading your life story today - it is so me.... but you have been braver in some ways, like the binaural beats and all the other bits and pieces.  We do the same meditations which is mindful, nothing promised just all this "stuff coming up" and having to stay with it.  Today, I would say for me, has been a good day (laughs).  30 years ago I paid a full months salary to learn how to meditate and I have done it on and off.  Off when I turned religious and I was told not to do it (oh my goodness me).  I was fine with the meditation but then God was more important so I stopped doing it.  Of course, you must see how tragic the unfolding becomes. I am all over the place with my thoughts, but I am rigid with the meditation as it is "doing me", I cannot help myself (laughs again).  Its awful at times and the fear sometimes wants to get hold of me and invades my life - I simply  stay with it - its a lot I can tell you - I must have loads to get rid of that's all I can say!!  I suppose its being brought up with religion, learning bhudda teachings, trying to get my head around that, but still believing there is a life beyond and hoping to remember it.  I feel I am betraying God but somehow cannot help myself.  All mixed messages which obviously leads to a certain amount of depression because I feel frustrated with myself because I simply don't know.  All I do know for now is that everyone who has been in my world tells me "about  the afterlife" and no people except for buddhists have actually experienced what it means to be enlightened.  Do I want to be enlightened - well, I don't know - maybe not!!.  What I do want is peace in my heart, to be free of fear and to live my live and love the people who surround me.  Is that too much to ask?  You can't even take the middle road really - I am sure its all or nothing - I have started i now and I cannot change it.  I suppose I feel isolated as I don't have anyone to talk to.  A husband, and two grown up boys who are "so comfortable in their own skin" they don't feel the need (laughs).  They see me as querky and a bit wonky.  I would have to agree - sometimes I wish I was them (laughs).
D.brove

[url=http://tierussianwoman.w-ru.com/]how to find a russian bride[/url]

255878435 optodehonsede@gmail.com D.brove D.brove
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 04:20:44 AM »

hi mate
        we cant say abt actual meaning of mind power. we cant estimate abt level of power.

wuvoka

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 02:01:18 AM »

i eat spirulina every day!! yum!
pushpendra

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 06:19:31 AM »

mind power is an ability to think clearly and execute the same with full force. It involves the willingness to accept the facts and challeges we overcome everyday.

http://scholarsresearchlibrary.com/dpl-first-issue.html
MikeJsimon

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 02:39:31 PM »

Let me tell you some mind powered techniques. Search for a peaceful place in your house and sit there. Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Completely relax your body and start to breathe in rhythmic manner. Once you have reached equilibrium you reach the alpha state. In this state you can find that your mind is completely in a peaceful state. In this state whatever suggestion you make to your sub conscious mind, it gets registered into it. The subconscious mind has got the power to make any thought into reality. This is the reason why, once you reach this relaxed state of mind you need to fill your subconscious mind with positive thoughts and also set your goals so that they get registered into your subconscious mind. Then the subconscious mind will start its work in making those thoughts a reality. This way you can use mind Power techniques and achieve whatever you want in your life.

markanderson10

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 05:48:31 AM »

Is this related with the so called "Mind Over Matter" idea? This was originally used in reference to paranormal phenomena such as extra-sensory perception and psychokinesis. However, it has also been used in reference to mind-centric spiritual and philosophic doctrines such as responsibility assumption. It is the belief that the mind is more powerful than the body. Specifically, mind over matter refers to controlling pain that you may or may not be experiencing, such as holding your hand under extremely hot water and feeling no pain.

Genie Robyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 10:25:03 AM »

My take on 'Mind Power' and yes I have it and I am constantly trying to improve it and help others improve it.

I do not have mind over matter control at this point in my life - that takes a lot of dedicated training but I wish Smiley And I am trying!

Ego is, in my opinion, not a mistake but a reality of  positive and negative that interacts with our Higher Guiding Consciousness. This Higher Consciousness, I call The Magic Genie, unconditionally obeys every thought we have, whether we are aware of it or not.
It interacts with our storage of beliefs and information (input from everywhere and virtually everything - both positive and negative) at the speed of light and unconditionally!!! IT's love and service is unconditional although it will send you messages (voices) to help you stay safe and head in good directions.

It is awesome to watch when someone accesses it, without knowing, and produces heroic life saving acts of power - like lifting a car off a child! It is equally awesome watching kids 'get it' and start to apply conscious positve use of it - sparks fly and manifestation abounds. I love mind power Smiley
adina201

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 03:24:39 AM »

Mind power is about more than positive thinking. When you realize that it is the power of your thoughts and beliefs create your reality, you will begin to be very aware of the thoughts you think.

Pretty Damsel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 12:42:05 PM »

Your mind is an incredible power -- but no one ever taught you how to use this power. Throughout your entire life you've been taught how to do everything but no one ever taught you how to use your mind. You can definitely utilize the online help. You will use the power of your mind and subconscious mind to create the life you want.

Pretty Damsel
For Fast Acting Relief, Visit:
Depression Help  Wink

For fast acting relief visit:
Depression Help
alexa123

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 12:05:19 PM »

Thanks  for sharing lots of useful information here.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 12:06:56 PM by alexa123 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: