Self-Development Forum
November 21, 2017, 09:45:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recurring dream about teeth  (Read 9504 times)
trish

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2008, 12:47:03 AM »

I have this dream that my teeth just start crumbling out of my mouth when I smile.  It is so real that it actually felt like I was passing my tongue and feeling rough teeth....strange!!!!!!

Also, I have one where my daughter falls into a pool and I try to reach her but she just keeps going down down down....and her hand is reaching up towards me and she is looking straight at me..I wake up crying and my heart is beating so fast...this dream is sooooo morbid I don't know why it happens.

I also posted one earlier about a black and white dream of me in a field and I run towards this old wooden house ...I stoop down and can see lots of tornadoes surrounding the house; wind is strong and all of a sudden the window that is by me breaks and glass is flying and I look outside and suddenly the tornadoes are gone...This dream scares the daylights out of me and seems so real.  I had 1 response to this dream ; I would like to see if anyone else can give facts also.

Any advise on what they mean?

Trish
TomSKinney
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 05:03:05 AM »

Teeth falling out is an anxiety dream. I never had it until someone in college told me about it and now I have it regularly. It doesn't help that I don't take care of my teeth very well. There are lots of good reasons to be anxious now, in the world.
cheryl

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 03:32:25 AM »

I have the losing teeth drean a lot. I thought maybe it was because I was a dental assistant previously for 2 years. Someone told me that it was an a dream meaning that I was feeling vulnerable thus enforcing the other post about it being an anxiety dream. The person told me that as children lose teeht and are vulnerable that when we dream about our teeth faling out it is our subconscious acting out feelings of vulnerability. Could be, I have been through a lot!
seeksuccess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 07:52:14 PM »

teeth in a dream usually symbolizes sickness, that's what I grew up understanding. I dont know if it's true or not.

howigetby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 05:08:07 AM »

I used to have the teeth crumbling dream too - then I woke up in the middle of that dream a couple of times and caught myself grinding my teeth. After I got the night guard, I stopped having those dreams.

I have this dream that my teeth just start crumbling out of my mouth when I smile.  It is so real that it actually felt like I was passing my tongue and feeling rough teeth....strange!!!!!!

Also, I have one where my daughter falls into a pool and I try to reach her but she just keeps going down down down....and her hand is reaching up towards me and she is looking straight at me..I wake up crying and my heart is beating so fast...this dream is sooooo morbid I don't know why it happens.

I also posted one earlier about a black and white dream of me in a field and I run towards this old wooden house ...I stoop down and can see lots of tornadoes surrounding the house; wind is strong and all of a sudden the window that is by me breaks and glass is flying and I look outside and suddenly the tornadoes are gone...This dream scares the daylights out of me and seems so real.  I had 1 response to this dream ; I would like to see if anyone else can give facts also.

Any advise on what they mean?

Trish
Rangeswar

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 09:14:34 AM »

i take my dreams seriously these days, but never used to when i used to dream that my teeth were falling out. i just used to wake in gratitute for something i was likely previously taking for granted.

Inauspicious dreams (i.e. not nice dreams) are likely trying to warn us to save us from learning the really hard way. i eat so much better these days, and don't have those dreams anymore. breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so i try and make that the lightest and healthiest, and carry that way of thinking into lunchtime (law of attraction). it worked for me. i delay the 'mind' food as late as possible in the day, and eat it with an unattached high joy (otherwise you overeat). i only miss out when i eat in fear (i.e. fear of boredom; weakness, or missing out in some way). When you learn to delay sense gratification, without undereating nor overeating, you discover that quality defeats quantity absolutely. The body needs alot less than we think it needs.

Some days the body needs to eat lightly, and some days the body needs to eat in greater quantity, but the quality must be joy or else we are doing something wrong.

Oh, and don't forget about nutrition! i used to do that because i was so mind focused, whilst my partner forgot about the 'mind' food because she was so body focused. Share with someone the opposite of you; -i am always so pleased when my partner provides herself with cooked quality physical nourishment, because i find that i need some of it, but often would not have thought to do so if i lived alone or was sharing with the wrong person.
Sueblue
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 10:58:04 AM »

Rangeswar,

What "mind food" do you take? Is it from a particular diet book?
Rangeswar

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 02:21:54 PM »

thanks for asking; -it needs clarification, because the term 'mind' food is not a common term, and vague anyhow. When i refer to 'mind' food, i'm suggesting mind altering food, hence not necessarily so good for one's teeth (and hence not necessarily so friendly for the body either). So i'm not really refering to fish/flaxsed oil, or any other product which apparently is helpful for repairing a brain's myelin sheath.

Prisoners in the toughest Thailand jails all require heroin to cope mentally day to day according to ex prisoner's accounts, but heroin or illegal drugs are what i would refer to as mind altering drugs.

Dairy is renowned as very beneficial for the subtle requirements of the brain according to Vedic texts, however, it's the sugared caffeine; sugared cereals/drinks; sweets, and alcohol that are the mind altering foods that i'm referring to (Caffeine and alcohol are superior in regards to mind altering than sugar on its own).

Serious chess players are of the opinion that no sugar means no mind for chess. America's greatest chess player Bobby Fischer used to drink large amounts of orange juice; -well beyond his body's requirements. The best chess players in the world, however, usually come from Russia, where vodka is more likely preferred over orange juice.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 02:39:31 PM by Rangeswar » Logged
mindpowermastery

melaman76
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 03:17:30 PM »

Rageswar, what about vodka and orange juice? That's a personal fave of mine (LOL)

Back to the dream about the teeth falling out, I've had this dream myself, and so have many of my clients. The cure for this (or any other anxiety dreams) is learning how to control your dreams. Lucid dreaming is a great tool to learn how to use and get you out a jam in any bad dream.

Most recently I had a dream I was driving my car and got stuck in this big weird hole in the road. Having realized I was only dreaming, I got out of the car, flew up out of the hole and pulled my car out by levitating it out of the hole. In your dreams, anything is possible, especially when you learn how to control them  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: