Self-Development Forum
November 18, 2017, 12:39:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An intriguing experience  (Read 11119 times)
kimball

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2006, 11:38:02 AM »

The reason why I became attracted to psychic phenomena was a chance and intriguing encounter with a holy man. I call him "holy" because of his personality and his dress, he appeared to be an ascetic.

I met him at a railway platform, while waiting for my train to arrive. He too was waiting for his train. We got chatting, and in the course of the ten minutes that I spent with him, he narrated to me my past and present as if he was reading my biography! I wish I could skip taking my train, because I had to attend a job interview in another city. He told me that this interview will be "life-changing" for me, as I will get the job and I will relocate, finally settle down and marry. And it all happened, just as he predicted!

To this date I am searching for this man.
swamibodhananda

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 11:49:19 AM »

What you encounteered was a "seer". That was how my Guru was. He cuould read a person's face, and tell them their past, presnet, and futre.

I am still strugglng to reach his positoin, but glad to say that I am on teh way.

SB.
im_in_chains

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 05:38:20 PM »

Wow, that is an amazing story.  I suppose if I'd heard something like that about myself I'd be pretty stunned and even scared but still, it would be fascinating at the same time.

Thank you for sharing it.
kimball

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 10:23:54 AM »

Hello im_in_chains,

This one incident has changed my entire perspective towards life. It was a U-turn. I am sure that there is a purpose why this happened to me.

Kimball
MrDamon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 12:28:41 PM »

To this date I am searching for this man.

I am sure that there is a purpose why this happened to me.

Just remember, the "journey" is what makes for a good life.. not the destination..

You can spend your whole life searching for this man and never find him but it's what you experience along the way that fulfills the "purpose"..
Meder
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 02:30:52 PM »

True path has no beggining and no end.
If you want to find this man, stop looking Smiley
Pretty Damsel

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 07:41:20 AM »

Definitely intriguing  Huh
---------------------------
Pretty Damsel
For Fast Acting Relief, Visit:
Aid for Depression  Wink

For fast acting relief visit:
Depression Help
Genie Robyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 09:47:58 AM »

You will not find him by 'looking'. Often these 'seers' or 'visitors' pop into our life for the very 'purpose' you have experienced and they are 'meant to be'. To meet him again I would suggest writing a letter of appreciation and explain how much you would like to 'see' him again and then, very carefully, burn it. This works a bit like a mobile phone call Smiley Then you may have a dream encounter or a second meeting but don't count on it as these visits are rare.
mcmandy65

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 02:15:20 AM »

Wow...that is an amazing story!

StormJewel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 01:57:34 PM »

What a great story  Smiley

You will not find him by 'looking'. Often these 'seers' or 'visitors' pop into our life for the very 'purpose' you have experienced and they are 'meant to be'. To meet him again I would suggest writing a letter of appreciation and explain how much you would like to 'see' him again and then, very carefully, burn it. This works a bit like a mobile phone call Smiley Then you may have a dream encounter or a second meeting but don't count on it as these visits are rare.

That's an interesting way of thinking about it Genie.  I met a very interesting man (Merlin of England is his name!) and he told me lots of things including how to astral travel (the method hasn't worked for me sadly!) and he said he usually knows if people want to contact him.

But as Genie says it may have just been a one time thing for you! If your life has changed for the better perhaps you don't need his help anymore.

Years ago a psychic on an aol chatroom told me that I would meet a boyfriend soon and gave me loads of details that were spoton, I searched for her for a long time but never found her!

KathyT

Glad to be here!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 02:44:48 PM »

I love listening to - and having - experiences like that! I haven't had anything quite that dramatic happen, but I have had my share of "intriguing" experiences as well...

For example, a person walked over to me in a gas station when I was having a bit of car trouble at a very awkward time, looked me in the eye, and "jiggled" something under the hood - walked away, and the car was instantly fine. Never got his name, and he really didn't speak. Odd...

I agree that some people or instances come into our lives for a very specific moment, and it is not for us to try to "find" these folks afterwards - but perhaps just to give thanks, and move or act on what it is they did to help us.

I'd really enjoy hearing other people's experiences as well...
Smiley

Hi! I Wrote a Goal Setting Guide that is Free For Everyone!
I had a LOT of fun writing it & hope you enjoy reading it & my newsletters.
Come meet me at http://www.SelfDevelopmentStrategies.com
Also, my blog is up & running! http://www.SelfDevelopmentAndGrowth.com
Thank you for visiting! Smiley
rexsmith09

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 08:26:18 AM »

Hi kimball,

If the person can tell everything by looking at you, do you think the person doesn't know about your search?

Everyone has some or the other purpose on this earth. Sometimes angels come and guide through our way. Have you read Alchemist? MrDamon is correct - remember the journey and not the destination.

Well, may I know why you want to search for this man? Is it to tell him thanks or curiosity to know more about future or any other.

SEROVERA® is a GI-specific dietary supplement that has been used with great success by individuals with Colitis and Diverticulitis.
0 ranjith

FRIENDS ARE THE MESAURE OF A PERSON'S QUALITIES

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 06:02:17 AM »

May be the person who had told you your past and future was a karma yogi meant to educate you and change your life. Your life is bound to become prosperous if you ever meet him again. However don't waste time searching for him. some people are not meant to be with us guiding us for ever. They are meant to depart when their task is completed.

A light hearted talk
Of expressions
Of friendship
Of love
And Of happiness.......
Read on my blog:
Everything had left….. but not a drop of tear was shed
-Written by  Ranjith
kimboy

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 10:49:51 AM »

True path has no beggining and no end.