Self-Development Forum
August 23, 2017, 10:08:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Law of Magic - The Law of Attraction  (Read 18289 times)
Jonny

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 07:34:30 PM »

About your name Flynn, it's off a cartoon I watched who was a blonde male, and I think magic as in tricks(but I consider magic tricks, as tricks not magic), spells etc, but it boils down to energy, everything is made up of energy and spells can be pictured to use "mana" w/e and it's like an energy, like chakra is the human energy force inside Tongue
Most of all my curiosity is aroused by unexplainable things to a degree because I want to achieve the impossible, not perfection, just a high intelligence immortality and be god, not as a self absorbed person, but to test every single possibility for some things, such as cold fusion with a spoon, melted ice cream and a magnet XD, and something that tastes better than everything else, and keep escalating it, just wow!

And the law of attraction looks like a good read Tongue I have a few e-books about a part of it, but busy doing nothing to read them XD

And Wecks does that UCG.C site actually make you cash?

After reading a few of your articles/links I came across RDT, and it sounds like what "chuck" was "forced" to do w/e, in the "hit us comedy show" Chuck, currently airing on Virgin1 (last ep of Series 2 or 3 next tuesday where the RDT (aka intersect) as just been took out of him via pictures to reprogramme his brain).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 07:47:33 PM by Jonny » Logged
pushpendra

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 06:27:11 AM »

thank you for such a nice post.

http://scholarsresearchlibrary.com/AASR-first-issue/aasr-first-issue-51-56.html
Avi Love

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 02:31:37 PM »

This is an interesting subject, and one to which I have given a great deal of thought. I do agree with your general conclusion, but it's important to note a number of intricacies and not simply stop there.

First of all it's important to note that magic has not always been taboo. The fact that it is is largely the influence of European Christianity. In Ancient Egypt the wizard was a highly respected member of society and a pharaoh always had one at his side. The priest even in Christianity is originally named such for being a magician. In the Pagan cultures magic has obviously always been very prevalent. Shamans are extremely prevalent in many native cultures, have been throughout history, and are still today. Along similar lines are medicine men and healers which were a requirement in any village. Soothsayers and oracles are everywhere throughout history. To this day rumor has it the army and other military agencies still practice various forms of the psychic arts in small sectors and such things are the subject of stories like the recent The Men Who Stare at Goats which chronicles the history of Hitler's personal psychic army. In Druidic culture to be engaged in magical practices was simply a part of life and was not considered magical. The highest in tune with the world were so well respected they could stop a battle simply by saying it wasn't a good idea. Magical history isn't really so limited. It just is in the Christian religion which still dominates much of current thinking in our societies. Also of note is of course the fact that Christianity as well as Judaism and other major religions do have their own studies of magic which are still practiced today. Note that both Jesus and Moses were wizards.

Now of further importance is the nature of magic itself. There are many schools of magic for which the base idea of practicing magic is the same but the practice itself is phenomenally different. Many people in the modern age also work to develop their own school. I come from a rather modern school of thought (which I'm not sure actually has a name) that seeks connections between real magic and modern science. Quantum physics and chaos magic (note that magic of this nature is traditionally spelled magick but I'm following the trend of the thread) bear striking similarities, and I know many people who are looking into the relationship between various physical phenomena and various famous magical occurrences. In this school of thinking spells, rituals, and the like are considered rather silly. They achieve the same results that are achieved by simple power of intent, but in order to manifest that power of intent they use physicalizations of that intention as proof that they are doing it. Thus spells, rituals, tribal dances, various symbols, and the like all really amount to the same thing.

Things like the law of attraction are also interesting while remaining ambiguous. Modern science does not deny that the power you exert with your viewpoint could have far more affects than we are aware of, however it also would never purport that there is simply one base rule for this which applies to everything. Much like with magic, nothing in the universe is so simple. Regardless of what you believe (and personally I don't believe in belief as I've always found it to be a useless exertion of energy), the rational breaking down and understanding of it is necessary to be able to control it. There are many many things in the world which we don't understand. Investigating them is a fascinating endeavor and one which I engage in quite readily. However keeping common sense in such things remains necessary. Simply because a denomination of science (there are denominations of science because science can be a religion of its own in many ways) believes something to be incorrect doesn't mean you should automatically assume the opposite. Even a closed minded person can be on to something whether they fully understand the implications of their theory in a broader context or not. Don't be too quick to judge, over-simplify, or rail against the rules. Large amounts of investigation, conscious observations, and, as mentioned before, thinking for yourself are always necessary. There is nothing to be gained from going either with or against the crowd. All that is to be gained is gained from going your own way.

Avi Love
Author of The Common Thread
An investigation into what living "correctly" means in the modern world.
View or purchase The Common Thread at Smashwords.
The direct link is in my profile.
Chaz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 05:16:25 PM »

A great post regarding the Law of Attraction. The basic books to get introduced to the Law of Attraction is As A Man Thinketh by James Allen. It's written about 100 years ago yet the english is understandable. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about the Law of Attraction.

MikeJsimon

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 02:37:07 PM »

I am not going to get into the semantics of what magic is,  but to most people it would imply that there is something that you can do that will just make money and all of your dreams come true without producing real effort on your part.  If you want real results,  you have to learn what really works and not some fairy tale theory.  Now does this mean that the law of attraction is not real?

Jason Field

Let's help find the light to life for the needy.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 05:27:42 AM »

I had an experience in the law of attraction magic before. I used to have a difficult life looking for financial support to feed my family until I encountered the book which they called "law of attraction". I've read and tried to apply it with my daily activities. Since then I change my views toward things. I  became optimistic and always looking forward to all the positive things that will  come on the future days. I think about money and how I will be able to have it to support the needs of my family. I didn't just think about money. I've done actions. I tried to get more information of any possible job where I can get that financial support that I'm looking for. Then It all started to come my way. One company offered me to work with them as online teacher which gave me enough salary to by food for my family. After that a friend of mine ask me If I could become his partner in hi cart business which earns almost double of my teaching job. I continued to work as an online teacher and became my friend's  business partner. Now, even if I am not rich, I am already contented of the thoughts that I was able to provide the needs of my family in a short period of time. It's all because of the the principle of the law of attraction book that I saw and borrowed from my sister in law's living room table. I am still looking forward of achieving more bounties through positive attraction followed by action and determination to succeed.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 05:38:19 AM by Jason Field » Logged

Become a Confident and Beautiful Woman!

http://www.skintosoulbeauty.com/
kimboy

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2011, 10:52:36 AM »

How about The Law of Thinking? Is there any one out there teaching about this Law and if please fill me in on it. I believe people need to taught how to really think. What you think?

Peace, healing, blessings, joy and abudance in your life.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: