Self-Development Forum
November 21, 2017, 10:07:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Law of Magic - The Law of Attraction  (Read 18800 times)
flynn

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2008, 04:11:23 PM »

Everyone is capable of magic, but to be good at it, one has to develop certain abilities. To understand this one has to get passed the sticky connotations that have become associated with the word.

Originally the word itself is believed to have come the Greek word "magi”, and was used (by the Grecians) to describe the priestly members of the ancient caste of Zoroaster. Revered as wise men, magi were reputed to possess power and control over evil demons and this gave rise to the word "magic". But by the dark days of the medieval age, when life was full of cloaks and daggers, and things unseen, and a new world religion was mercilessly supplanting the old, magic was vilified as ‘a dark power’ and outlawed. Even to this day it can conjure ideas of sorcerers, witches, wizards, and the like, in the minds of those who do not really understand what it is. And for those who do, and choose to practice the craft, they continue to do so at the risk of being defamed, feared and outcast.

Magic has always been with us, and will always be. It flows from the source that is responsible for the creation of everything. And as expressive extensions of that creative source, each one of us has the ability to cause magic in our lives. In fact, we all do it all the time. But because most of us are not skilled at it, or even know that we are doing it, we fail to recognise it as such.

Most people associate magic with spells, candles, chants, potions, secret gatherings, rituals and so forth. And while it is true these things are commonly used in many traditional practices of magic and are highly effective, they shouldn’t be confused as magic, or thought necessary to make magic happen. Instead they should be viewed as focussing devices to make the summoning of magic stronger.

All magic takes place in the mind of the magician but the way that magic is summoned is as varied as the cultures, beliefs, and individuals of this world. When someone prays, or counts beads, or meditates, or practices visualisation, or chants, or dances, or beats on a drum while holding something consistently in their mind, they are performing magic. Magic is flowing energy for a desired result and is activated by exercising concentrated focus on an intention for something to be, and believing it will come to be. This is The Law Of Attraction. Indeed The Law Of Attraction is in many ways a reclaiming of magic for all people and the inalienable right for all to practice it as they choose.

:)Flynn

http://www.positivemindstates.com
Jasmina

keep a smile on your face

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 09:45:11 AM »

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!! It made my day even better Cheesy

It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not
flynn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 03:32:16 PM »

Jasmina,

Thank you. It uplifts me to know that my post is of good for someone.

Cheesy

Flynn
harmonyrose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 10:33:20 AM »

Everyone is capable of magic, but to be good at it, one has to develop certain abilities. To understand this one has to get passed the sticky connotations that have become associated with the word.

Originally the word itself is believed to have come the Greek word "magi”, and was used (by the Grecians) to describe the priestly members of the ancient caste of Zoroaster. Revered as wise men, magi were reputed to possess power and control over evil demons and this gave rise to the word "magic". But by the dark days of the medieval age, when life was full of cloaks and daggers, and things unseen, and a new world religion was mercilessly supplanting the old, magic was vilified as ‘a dark power’ and outlawed. Even to this day it can conjure ideas of sorcerers, witches, wizards, and the like, in the minds of those who do not really understand what it is. And for those who do, and choose to practice the craft, they continue to do so at the risk of being defamed, feared and outcast.

Magic has always been with us, and will always be. It flows from the source that is responsible for the creation of everything. And as expressive extensions of that creative source, each one of us has the ability to cause magic in our lives. In fact, we all do it all the time. But because most of us are not skilled at it, or even know that we are doing it, we fail to recognise it as such.

Most people associate magic with spells, candles, chants, potions, secret gatherings, rituals and so forth. And while it is true these things are commonly used in many traditional practices of magic and are highly effective, they shouldn’t be confused as magic, or thought necessary to make magic happen. Instead they should be viewed as focussing devices to make the summoning of magic stronger.

All magic takes place in the mind of the magician but the way that magic is summoned is as varied as the cultures, beliefs, and individuals of this world. When someone prays, or counts beads, or meditates, or practices visualisation, or chants, or dances, or beats on a drum while holding something consistently in their mind, they are performing magic. Magic is flowing energy for a desired result and is activated by exercising concentrated focus on an intention for something to be, and believing it will come to be. This is The Law Of Attraction. Indeed The Law Of Attraction is in many ways a reclaiming of magic for all people and the inalienable right for all to practice it as they choose.

:)Flynn

harmonyrose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 10:41:07 AM »

hi everyone,Im still learning my way around this site.I love everything ive seen so far,cause I have an interest in many fields. I love learning the history of all this stuff and Flynn made me more comfortable with his ability to talk about this. I knew that we all used this ability,along with everything else in this forum,but it still remains a taboo subject for most people.
flynn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 12:28:26 PM »

That is good to hear. Thank you Harmonyrose.

It is my personal belief that once we realise our true nature, our fears fall away and we are free to speak our truth.

Oh, and I am a "she". Though I realise 'flynn' sounds more masculine.

Cheesy

Flynn

www.positivemindstates.com
harmonyrose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 12:32:42 PM »

sorry for the mistake. I shouldnt have assumed. I hope you have a good day!
flynn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 12:38:47 PM »

Oh no worries at all.

It doesn't really matter. I just thought I'd mention.

Have a wonderful day too. Lets think of something wonderful. Grin

Flynn
Wecks

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 02:40:00 AM »

How about The Law of Thinking? Is there any one out there teaching about this Law and if please fill me in on it. I believe people need to taught how to really think. What you think?

Peace, healing, blessings, joy and abudance in your life.

Ghani

http://ultimatecashgenerator.com

harmonyrose

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 06:16:42 AM »

HI,Ghani, You are correct we should learn how to think for ourselves.We have been told what and how to think, all of our lives by the higher ups,in school,in government,in church and so on. learning about new or even taboo subjects, opens your mind to think about all the beliefs that were forced on us growing up. Now im not saying, that im not religious,im just saying,some things ive learned over the past few years, were eye openers and made me start thinking more for myself.I do not know of any law of thinking,but I do know Jesus taught his fellow human beings how to open their minds and to think for their selves.Which im sure it was a real shock value of their day. Im not real sure exactly what you meant by your post,but, I do try to think for myself. If you would find such a law please keep me informed. I always love learning, and, I realise not to believe everything I read But, to research what I can.  I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do and I hope we can chat more. smile, and have a great day. Harmonyrose                                                                                       
flynn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 01:20:46 PM »

Yes, hello Ghani,

I do think that the Law Of Attraction, is just that, of course the trick is how to cultivate one's thinking to best positive affect. Now that is the trick. I also have given quite a bit of consideration to something I heard lately that the mind is really just busy looking for trouble. Something to worry about, judge, over analyse, crave, or avoid. 

I think meditation is the great antidote.

Cheesy

Flynn

blablabla2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 12:39:01 AM »

Ya meditation does help to keep my mind focused on the things I do. But for some reason I keep spacing out at classes or when I am doing my work. Maybe I meditate too much lol.

harmonyrose

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 10:06:25 PM »

Hi, check out wisebrain.org. Thought you might be interested. smile, Harmonyrose
Wecks

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 07:01:44 AM »

Hi Harmonyrose, I am having a good time here, thank you for the invitation to be a part of this great forum. There  are  quite a few books out there about the so called "law of  thinking".

A) As  a man / woman thinketh by James Allen
B) Think and Grow Rich by Dr. Napoleon Hill
C) The Science of Getting Rich teaches  about thinking  in a Certain Way by Wallace W. Nettles,  just to mention a few well known experts on the subject of thinking.

Continue  to  grow into that wholesome, glorius expression of Life the Creator  created you to be  in this world.

Best wishes of peace , an abudance of health, wealth, joy and happiness.

Ghani

http://ultimatecashgenerator.com
Keena

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 12:02:34 AM »

Thank you, Flynn, for posting this. I completely agree! It's too bad that people associate magic with illusionists and smoke and mirrors. People do need to discover the real magic in their lives!

Blessings,
Keena

Simply Divine Life
The Prosperous Path of Following Your Bliss
http://www.simplydivinelife.com
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: