Self-Development Forum
December 12, 2017, 08:22:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Think And Grow Rich  (Read 12545 times)
Lou_1973

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 01:57:50 PM »

Hi all,

Hill's TAGR certainly has some good parts such as how it took some real thought to make America's independence a reality, and how Schwab made the US Steel Corporation a reality etc.   But it also has some flaws, such as Hill's reasoning that men become bald from wearing hats -- certainly these days some middle aged men still become bald although they don't wear hats any more (not where I'm from anyways :-)

It's good as long as one doesn't treat it like a religious text, which some LOA-believers seem to do.

Personally I think James Allen's "As A Man Thinketh" and Claude Bristol's "The Magic of Believing" (http://www.beliefsecret.com/?afl=52984) contain similar information but both are much easier / more enjoyable to read. 

Regards

Lou...

The Non-Budget : The proven 3-step method to take control of your personal finances
http://www.the-non-budget.com
Ivee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 09:51:34 PM »

I think the books Think and Grow Rich, The Science of Getting Rich, As a Man Thinketh and The Magic of Believing all use the law of attraction whether they say it is that or not.

All these books advice you to think about what you want. Desire it with all your heart till it becomes a burning obsession.

If that's not using the law of attraction, I don't know what is.

Zeffer
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 05:39:06 AM »

..." treat others as you would like to be treated if the roles where reversed "

Auh O !  What if i wouldn't caught dead in the other roles's seat ! ? Now how should you treat them !?

Law of Attraction like any law has an opposite ! What if by, bad choices, you attract the opposite from
what you reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllyy wanted ! ...Now wahwahah um, Whatta we do now !
Example ? ok ! Wishing+Wishing+Wishing she'd go away....saying all that stuff about her, swing your arms around in the air, in front of an, unstable, troubled family member, that has seen it all their, over and over again,
Getting the picture here....We ask, We want, We want, we ask, we get more than what we bargain for...
It's always ok, till the next time...
That's how O.J. Simpson ended up  at the scene of his wish,  thinking he was gonna stop the wish, but he was
to late. Wish came true.
Role reversal no. Everybody gets one free chance, yes. After that respect is EARNED !
nehad

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 03:14:54 AM »

Think and Grow Rich is a motivational personal development and self-help book written by Napoleon Hill and inspired by a suggestion from Scottish-American businessman Andrew Carnegie.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:54:56 PM by Sueblue » Logged
Jak

Happiness, Gratitude and Peace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 12:06:43 AM »

I like this!!!

SweetPeace

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 04:58:49 PM »

Well, obviously that Golden Rule was taken from the Bible.  And that is the most well known rule there is for attraction.  Treat others as you would like to be treated and you will see a significant change in the way others treat you. 

Sueblue
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2010, 05:59:13 PM »

I finished reading Think and Grow Rich today. It's clearly a product of its time, having been written at the conclusion of the Great Depression of the 1920s.

Who is to judge that I am not already rich, just because I might not have vast material wealth at this time? Mr Hill actually points this out in the book, how society worships those with money and looks down on those who do not, as if that is the measure of a man.
Mind Recipes

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2010, 09:49:06 PM »

How society views whether we have money or not - is our issue alone. I am not sure whether society actually does worship those with money, especially now when you see those "celebrities" and the often poor decisions they make with their lives.

Money, for me has never had a bearing on how I view a person - whether rich or poor.

"If your recipe sucks, it doesn't matter how good a cook you are" Timothy Ferriss - www.mindrecipes.com
Evan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 11:25:22 AM »

Napoleon Hill died poor in a sense - he gave almost all his money to his foundation (still in existence - they have a website).

To find out how to live true to yourself and have real relationships with others go to www.livingauthentically.org
SweetPeace

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 03:46:59 PM »

I finished reading Think and Grow Rich today. It's clearly a product of its time, having been written at the conclusion of the Great Depression of the 1920s.

Who is to judge that I am not already rich, just because I might not have vast material wealth at this time? Mr Hill actually points this out in the book, how society worships those with money and looks down on those who do not, as if that is the measure of a man.

Good point SueBlue..

Sherri Frost

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2010, 08:35:29 PM »

As a hypnotist, my view is that Think & Grow Rich is a form of self hypnosis. Though parts of the book are outdated, overall the message holds true today. The difference between The Secret and Think and Grow Rich is that Napoleon Hill is clear that one must take action to make things happen and not just think about them. All are are about changing beliefs held deeply in the subconscious mind which is what hypnosis is all about.

Enjoy and Celebrate Your Day!

Sherri Frost

www.hypnosis-self-help.com
rockback

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2010, 07:50:25 AM »

In my point of view the law of attraction is only one part of the equation to success. The other part to the equation of success is 'action'. Because without action there cannot be success or failure. There can only be mediocrity.

rbennie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 01:38:19 PM »

Hi all, I am very new to the forum. My post is to sherri frost and anybody else on the topic of self hypnosis. What do you think of Dr Robert Anthony?? He apparently has taken all the guess work out of Napoleon Hill's classic and invented the Secret of Deliberate Creation and Deliberate Creation Instant self Hypnosis, I have bought both programmes. As a hypnotist sherri, does Robert Anthony's hyp programme really work?? How will I know if I am doing it right and really communicating with my Essential Silent Partner as he puts it?He says that the process is automatic and works every time.
rbennie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 02:34:57 PM »

Hello I know I posted this already but I did not get any reply so I am posting again:Hi all, I am very new to the forum. My post is to sherri frost and anybody else on the topic of self hypnosis. What do you think of Dr Robert Anthony?? He apparently has taken all the guess work out of Napoleon Hill's classic and invented the Secret of Deliberate Creation and Deliberate Creation Instant self Hypnosis, I have bought both programmes. As a hypnotist sherri, does Robert Anthony's hyp programme really work?? How will I know if I am doing it right and really communicating with my Essential Silent Partner as he puts it?He says that the process is automatic and works every time.
vaponte

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 06:41:03 PM »

Hello Everyone,

OMG! Think & Grow Rich I have read that book twice and it is my bible! I love that book, and I agree with everything it states in there. It has to be one of the most unbelievable books there is! One of the ways I interpreted that book is that in anything that you do most of it is mental and that is so true. That is why when I hear people say how lucky someone is or you have to be lucky to become successful I don't believe in luck at all. On the contrary, I have noticed the harder I work the luckier I get so Think & Grow Rich is a classic! Grin Grin Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: