Self-Development Forum
October 23, 2014, 12:35:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for NLPer's: Paraliminal's vs Subliminal's?  (Read 4705 times)
manonamission

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2008, 03:25:14 PM »

I was NLP certified 3 years ago. I've studied a lot of technologies, and will of course continue to do so. The technology that stands out with me to have the most potential going forward is paraliminal whole mind other than conscious sychronization. It actually combines two studies. One being paraliminal, the other being holosync. Has anyone else here tried these paraliminals also? What's your take? See: http://www.learningstrategies.com/Paraliminal/Article1.asp?aff=9cafs08

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 05:06:10 AM by manonamission » Logged
TomSKinney
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 05:33:14 PM »

Are you coming back or are you dropping an ad and running?
manonamission

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 05:39:59 PM »

I'm here Grin. Waiting for any input out there. I guess I should've added that I'm not really the biggest fan of subliminal messaging, that's why I've been looking for alternative's. I agree it works, it's just not my cup of tea. Looking for understandings on both sides.

thanks,

-S
TomSKinney
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 07:11:41 PM »

It doesn't help if there is no opportunity to respond to the suggestions. Try affirmations, but word them very carefully (precisely) and don't just repeat them. Say it to yourself and then wait for a feeling or a thought to come to mind. Write it down. Spend more time listening to yourself rather than talking. You may be inspired to modify the statement along the way and then you listen for a different reaction.
manonamission

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 08:23:35 PM »

Thanks for your response Tom. I'm trying to understand how to take your comment correctly. It was written well, but I didn't get if you were talking to me, or answering the question somewhat? I think the subject re my question is a valid thought, and can be considered a 3-prong (provocative) question to expand upon. a). Who's tried this other alternative process developed with NLP origins? b). What are your takes on it? c). How do you use these methods simultaneously (migrate them) to get optimal results?

Though I prefer to discover something that works well (better) for my learning process, I still will not discount that subliminal messaging works. I think most NLPer's (at least those I've met, and/or studied with) are attempting to corral our whole mind... getting optimal stimulation from it at any given time. We want to learn-learn-learn, while interpreting properly. I've simply listed two methods for doing this and would like to see some input if any. Do you have experience with both?

Thanks,

-S
TomSKinney
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 10:03:39 PM »

Okay. Here's some of what I have used ...

(1) holosync by itself

(2) subliminals using my own voice

(3) commercial and free audible subliminals

(4) visual subliminals on the computer screen

(5) self-hypnosis

(6) MP3 hypnosis sessions

(7) the Dream Play paraliminal using holosync binaurals

The response to all of them is best when combined with the initial enthusiasm of starting something new. The results, however, have not been lasting. That is why I described the technique I currently use, which has done best in the long term.
manonamission

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 11:03:58 PM »

Thanks Tom.

Yes, I've used many of the same methods noted as well. I understand what you're saying re "combined with the initial enthusiasm." Though, I consider my comprehension and retention greater than that of instant gratification. I, too, have had similar results when using several of the methods noted in your response. The only two that have truly (without too much effort) left resonating message's with me are subliminals and paraliminals. One of the reasons subliminal is not my tool of choice currently is because it's a tad more difficult to bring ones self back to the instilled message.  I've used the Dream Play paraliminal w/holosync too, and actually do still on occasion when I want to enter a lucid dreaming state. It works, but is only for certain times (night). There are several other paraliminals I use during other times that work well for the particular purpose at hand. I'd like to gather the pro's from each method, and use them as tools moving forwards. I've not yet found as many pro's when using subliminals as with the other method. That's what I'm trying to gather from others contributions.

Thanks again for your answer Tom.

-S

manonamission

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 04:08:03 PM »

Still interested in hearing others takes / experiences in these areas... (good or bad)  Huh
Sueblue
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 01:04:06 PM »

Quite late on this thread, I know, probably because I've only just discovered what is meant by paraliminals.
You might find this link interesting:
http://www.stevepavlina.com/paraliminals/

Years ago I tried all sorts of subliminal recordings but didn't find any of them effective despite persistent use. I wonder if someone with more knowledge of neuroscience and/or psychology than I have can provide an answer as to how the subconscious "hears" them - or indeed if it does.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: