Self-Development Forum
December 15, 2017, 04:30:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: EXACTLY WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF LUCID DREAMING?  (Read 26611 times)
DJNYC

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2007, 06:53:51 PM »

Aside from the fun one can have durring them, how does it carry over into ones everyday life. Also if anyone has any suggestions as to how to have them let me know, THANKS!
TomSKinney
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 09:51:39 PM »

The biggest advantage is that lucidity means more than being aware you are dreaming. It carries over as being more present and aware in your waking life. Just as in the dream-state it is easy to get caught up in the story-line of your life, this often tends to happen during waking hours. The internal dialogue itself is a sort of dreaming from which you can wake up. Your actions will become more spontaneous as your ability to respond takes over the tendency to react mindlessly.
DJNYC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 11:32:56 PM »

Thanks Tom,
Are there any methods you've found to be effective in increasing the likelihood of having them.

It's funny, about a year ago I had lucid dreams for three nights in a row. I still to this day don't know how this happened. I wasn't doing anything consciously to "spark" them. And I don't thing there were any external events that made my day-to-day life any different than normal. Oh well.
TomSKinney
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 03:24:59 PM »

If I knew what to tell you, I would. The more I try to have lucid dreams, the less often I even remember the regular ones.
Jules

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 09:55:13 PM »

I use  the Lucid Dreaming Programme which is part of the Super Mind Evolution System which I find very effective. The trick is to give your subconscious precise instructions about what you want to dream about while you are in a dreamy state i.e. before you go to sleep. This should be repeated about 20 times.

Find out more about the Super Mind Evolution System by reading my post at:

http://www.selfdevelopmentforum.com/index.php?topic=1122.0

Also see this post:

http://www.selfdevelopmentforum.com/index.php?topic=1159.0

Good luck,

Jules.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 06:20:28 PM by Jules » Logged

http://binauralaudios.com/special.html -$120 off special offer. Binaural beats for motivation, success and ultimate relaxation. Offer WILL end soon!
Rima

The power within is under our own control

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 08:19:09 PM »

Hi DJNYC

To become a lucid dreamer you need to train yourself every night before going to bed. However the results to show it make several weeks or months. Lucid dreams can occur spontaneously as well.

Sometimes it can be really entertaining or it may be therapeutic. People can overcome phobias, e.g. by confronting and controlling them in lucids dreams.

I wish you happiness and abundance!

Rima

Learn The Law of Attraction with 7 Free Lessons
http://thesecrettogetrich.thesgrprogram.com

Help to Stop Cruelty for Children
http://justgiving.com/rimavalunaite
acillis

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 06:35:49 PM »

for me. a good lucid dream will give me a whole postive out look on the whole day <feeling like a school girl  Cheesy>

With out Darkness there can be no Light
Tyrinaniel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 04:32:14 AM »

If you're interested, try buying a Lapis crystal, but make sure it has a metal cap so that it won't tough your body.  Anyone will tell you they're very strong. If you don't know how to activate a crystal, just meditate with it and talk to it.

Lapis help you see your dreams more clearly, basically enhancing the experience. It also taps into your intuition and strengthens your psychic abilities. Plus it's just beautiful Cheesy
scriptdoc

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 09:34:03 PM »

You just have an emotional feeling about the person or idea that you want to lucid dream about. I can tell you that I have only had them after missing someone a great deal. I don't know what the benefits are other than closure....after someone dies, Anyone else use lucid dreaming for anything other than communicating with people who have died?
blablabla2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009, 12:46:51 AM »

If you're interested, try buying a Lapis crystal, but make sure it has a metal cap so that it won't tough your body.  Anyone will tell you they're very strong. If you don't know how to activate a crystal, just meditate with it and talk to it.

Thanks for the recommendation. Would probably go buy one and see what happens.

boyatheart
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 02:09:00 AM »

An effective practice is to have the intention to see your hands in your dream. Like has already been mentioned, repeat this to yourself as you fall asleep "I will see my hands in my dream". It can still take a long time for anything to happen though.

I had a period a few years ago where this came into effect and I had some pretty intense lucid experiences. However I don't think I really had much awareness to really know if any of it contained any significant message though.

What happened would be as soon as I looked at my hands while dreaming I woke up in the dream and became totally aware that I could choose whatever happened next. I always chose to fly and it always felt quite physically demanding but amazing until I could no longer maintain flight and gradually woke up for real. I would feel quite dizzy and disorientated upon waking and pretty tired, but totally at peace.

Interesting experience, like not having a body.
Pamela

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 05:35:13 PM »

Paths has a lucid dreaming module that a lot of people like. I have seen several discussions on this forum about Paths and there are some people who think Paths is a scam. However I have been using Paths for over two years and am an affiliate (want to be up and up and not try to deceive anyone about that fact).

Anyway, I have never been on the lucid dreaming module myself because I have always been able to lucid dream, since I was a very young child. I still vividly remember many dreams I had when I was as young as maybe four years old. However, my husband has always claimed he never dreamed, or if he did, he never remembered his dreams. He finally went on the lucid dreaming module in February and within a week he was remembering his dreams for the first time in his life. He has told me about some of them and in a few he actually knew he was dreaming at the time.

Pamela
Transform your life in 3 minutes a week
www.paths-abundance.com
Jaime D

Is using the Subliminal Power program currently

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 11:25:43 PM »

Paths has a lucid dreaming module that a lot of people like. I have seen several discussions on this forum about Paths and there are some people who think Paths is a scam. However I have been using Paths for over two years and am an affiliate (want to be up and up and not try to deceive anyone about that fact).

Anyway, I have never been on the lucid dreaming module myself because I have always been able to lucid dream, since I was a very young child. I still vividly remember many dreams I had when I was as young as maybe four years old. However, my husband has always claimed he never dreamed, or if he did, he never remembered his dreams. He finally went on the lucid dreaming module in February and within a week he was remembering his dreams for the first time in his life. He has told me about some of them and in a few he actually knew he was dreaming at the time.

I've been going on a massive wild Goose chase for a solution that could work for me, some of you seem to be quite lucky as far as that is concerned.

Maybe the Subliminal Power is the solution I've been looking for, but this is my first day here and also the first day on such a program.

I've always wanted to remember what I dreamed about but the world seems not to want me to learn anything at all, maybe out of fear..

Lucid Dreaming sounds fun alright, but my entire life has always been about everyone around me preventing me from accomplishing anything at all and making my life meaningless.

I believe I felt like I had what people call a Lucid Dream somewhat recently(around a week ago I think), but my Visualization is horrible so I can't seem to remember any of the details of it.

Purple is my favorite color.

I Want to get much more out of life, I must destroy the roadblocks!!

Something big is going to happen on September 14th, I'm not sure if I will even like it either...
manymoons
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 01:30:18 AM »

I started to journal my dreams..at some point i will sit down now and go thru what I did remember of some dreams and look for patterns or a way to figure them.. My problems currently havebeen it seems like ever since I was attuned for Reiki..I no longer can remember the dreams I have on waking. I know I have dreamed..but as soon as I try to remember anything..the dream is gone! Drats!!!I still keep journal handy for future ones...or to record any that may be lucid
Jaime D

Is using the Subliminal Power program currently

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2009, 02:00:38 AM »

I started to journal my dreams..at some point i will sit down now and go thru what I did remember of some dreams and look for patterns or a way to figure them.. My problems currently havebeen it seems like ever since I was attuned for Reiki..I no longer can remember the dreams I have on waking. I know I have dreamed..but as soon as I try to remember anything..the dream is gone! Drats!!!I still keep journal handy for future ones...or to record any that may be lucid

I can't seem to remember any of my dreams in detail either...  I feel like I'm quite late though to realize that most of what I did several months ago(I started to find a real solution as of halfway through May)was a complete waste of time and now I feel like I have only a few months to truly improve before things get really bad...

And to top all of THAT off, the only thing I was really ever taught in life was one thing:

To be someone else's bitch(I'm not kidding, that's all I've ever been taught in my life by other people).

From my experience, people seem to only like those they can manipulate and decieve.

On a much more positive note, I feel like the Insomnia that I once had is fading away.

Purple is my favorite color.

I Want to get much more out of life, I must destroy the roadblocks!!

Something big is going to happen on September 14th, I'm not sure if I will even like it either...
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: