Self-Development Forum
August 23, 2017, 05:33:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Irritating and annoying colleagues  (Read 106845 times)
Sueblue
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2011, 01:53:19 PM »

As I already said before, I find it really irritating when colleagues interrupt my lunch, or stand right near me doing stuff while I'm eating. Well, there were three new people all started in our department within a week of each other, and now the area where I sit is all jammed in like sardines. Not a lot can be done about the space issue, and I don't think there's any chance I can ask to move because every room/desk is already occupied to full capacity.

These new colleagues have a habit I find highly irritating: they work their lunch break, every single day. I cannot stress strongly enough how much I value that break, where I can use the phone, listen to music, watch videos or surf the Internet while I have my lunch. I don't want people sitting there working, talking and wandering in and out like a fiddler's elbow past my chair the whole while. If they don't want to eat or go out, that's their problem, just have the consideration to give me a bit of space while I eat and do a few personal bits and pieces.

What really took the biscuit was an email I got from my immediate office neighbour, complaining about me being on the phone and saying me talking about problems with my ex was distracting her.

Fact #1: It was lunchtime.
Fact #2: I have the full support of HR regarding talking to someone about my ex.
Fact #3: She doesn't know me, or my ex, and doesn't know anything about the circumstances of the break-up.

For gawd's sake, I've been at this job nearly 5 years, and I gett Jenny-Come-Lately start throwing their weight around and encroaching in my personal headspace.

Rant over.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: