Self-Development Forum
January 27, 2022, 03:02:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raw Food Diet  (Read 6489 times)
haleybugs

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2011, 02:45:08 PM »

Has anyone on the forum tried the raw food diet?I hear it works great but Iīm not sure if itīs just fruits,vegetables and whole grains your supposed to eat raw or if you actually eat raw meats and eggs.I know thereīs people out there that ONLY eat raw meats,but wouldnīt that make you extemely sick (at least until your body gets used to it)?Or is that HOW you lose the weight(because it makes you so sick)?It seems like,if that is the case,that would be REALLY unhealthy. Tongue
Sueblue
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 09:47:16 AM »

I don't think you're supposed to eat raw meat and eggs on the raw food diet. Just raw fruit, veg, seeds etc.

My boyfriend wanted to try this about 4 years ago and he insisted that I did it with him. I remember now, it was about October-November time of year, and there were times when I came in freezing cold from outside and just wanted to taste something warm. At first it felt healthy, so there was probably some sort of detox effect in the beginning. But after a while, I just started getting really tired of nothing but cold, raw food and I really didn't feel that I was getting enough protein. He and I seemed to have very different body types: I do well on a high protein diet, whereas he just piled on the weight if he did that. His body seemed to prefer vegan food. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
haleybugs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 05:46:56 PM »

Thanks.I read somewhere that dieting is one of the worst things you can do to your BRAIN.(donīt remember how I came across that)I guess for now Iīll just stick with being more aware of what goes into my body.I tried the low carb diet awhile back and actually lost alot of weight,but gained it all back when I started eating carbs again. Tongue
Adge747

Health is Your Greatest Wealth.

adge747@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 10:52:55 AM »

You are on a diet ALL the time! You choose whether or not it is healthy. I eat mostly raw fruits, breakfast, and salads, lunch, but have a cooked meal in the evenings with four or five veggies, usually fish and the more oily the better wild salmon, farmed Salmon is fed synthetic Astazanthin to make it the nice pink color, trout, mackerel, sardines, pilchards, herring, kipper, eel and whitebait. Fresh tuna is but canned isn't.
You should eat oily fish when you're pregnant or breastfeeding because this could help your baby's development.
Women who aren’t going to get pregnant in the future, boys and men can eat up to four portions a week, which I do and also supplement with Omega 3 Plus, which actually contains 8 Omega 3's, the only fish oil supplement available that does, from www.healthyanswers.co.uk
Limit the amount of fish you eat because they can contain dioxins and PCBs. They are pollutants found in fish. Omega 3 Plus is tested for over 300 pollutants and all are removed guaranteeing 100% purity.

http://www.healthyanswers.co.uk
Health is Your Greatest Wealth!
Take care of it.
AiRob

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 03:32:59 AM »

Eating raw food is a no-no for me. I could have it if its raw fruits! I can't even imagine myself eating half cooked meal! Wouldn't it be hard to chew or digest if its raw? Just thinking about it makes me go on a diet.

Herniated disc back surgery
Adge747

Health is Your Greatest Wealth.

adge747@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 09:02:36 AM »

Raw foods are a little harder to digest which is one of the reasons it is good for you. It takes longer to digest so the hunger doesn't return as quickly as it would with the partially digested (processed) foods. If you really cannot eat raw foods then I suggest you have a look at getting some Whole Food Supplements such as Carotenoid Complex, Cruciferous Plus and Flavonoid Complex as they contain all the fruits and vegetable nutrients that you need. Of course they do not contain fibre which is also an essential part of anyones diet.

http://www.healthyanswers.co.uk
Health is Your Greatest Wealth!
Take care of it.
AiRob

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 03:16:29 AM »

I see, so that's the importance of raw food diet because you won't feel the hunger to eat every time you wanted. I just realized that raw food nutrients are also intact if its uncooked, right? So it's really healthy for the body.

Herniated disc back surgery
davidgomes

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 07:38:26 AM »

Has anyone on the forum tried the raw food diet?I hear it works great but Iīm not sure if itīs just fruits,vegetables and whole grains your supposed to eat raw or if you actually eat raw meats and eggs.I know thereīs people out there that ONLY eat raw meats,but wouldnīt that make you extemely sick (at least until your body gets used to it)?Or is that HOW you lose the weight(because it makes you so sick)?It seems like,if that is the case,that would be REALLY unhealthy. Tongue

Raw food diet may be a diet based mostly on the consumption of unprocessed and uncooked, principally organically grown contemporary fruits and vegetables, sprouts, seeds, nuts, grains, beans, dried fruit. For better health one must consume the above mentioned diet and might not go for raw meat or junky food.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: