Self-Development Forum
September 26, 2017, 10:45:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Entrainment at theta levels  (Read 7664 times)
jedi091

Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2006, 01:20:15 PM »

Hi all,

I had some weird experiences when I listened to a brain entrainment CD set to theta. After the session was over, I felt completley thrown out of balance.

The ads of the site where I bought it from gave me a different scenario. How could this be? Is there something wrong with the CD? Or with the whole idea? Or with me?

Ta da

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
Sanjay Agrawal
Believe In The Here And The Now
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 07:34:15 AM »

Hello Jedi091,

What was the purpose that motivated you to listen specifically to a theta CD? And for how long were you listening to it?

Theta is ELF (extremely low frequency) on the brainscape; usually meant for meditation and non-action.

The ads of the site where I bought it from gave me a different scenario. How could this be? Is there something wrong with the CD? Or with the whole idea? Or with me?

Re your first and second questions: there is a lot of interest in the public in such CDs, and people with a less-than-professional approach _are_ known to take advantage during such times. Re your third point ('the whole idea'), your endeavor has a 100% likelihood of success when you get the right CD with the right frequency that matches your requirements perfectly. That you are able to intelligently debate on this, conclusively rules out the fourth possibility! Smiley

Here is one article that explains how entrainment CDs are to be used - http://success-nirvana.blogspot.com/2006/11/binaural-beats-why-do-people-have.html.

Cheers,
Sanjay.
[/color]

My Spiritual Retreat On The Web: quest for Nirvana
shakira

I cannot cause the dead to arise through wizardry

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 09:26:40 AM »

HI there,

I won't call it 'meditation' - it is a big word for me; but i go into what I call states of trance. Can you tell me exactly what waves I am entraining my brain into? It is in these states of trance that I get my most accurate readings. By intuition, I -KNOW- that my readings are correct one hundred percent.

~Shakira~

Tha faemnan, the gewuniath onfon gealdorcraeftigan and scinlaecan and wiccan, ne laet thu tha libban!
Sanjay Agrawal
Believe In The Here And The Now
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 03:30:13 PM »

Hello Shakira,

I wish I had the answer to that -

... but i go into what I call states of trance. Can you tell me exactly what waves I am entraining my brain into?

Unfortunately, very few people have really attempted to understand the state of the brain when people are meditating. I count Dr. Richard Davidson amongst these few: he conducted, I believe, a couple of EEG recordings on very specific meditation states of Tibetan monks.

I strongly believe that new frontiers in science and healing and self-development would open up if scientists can shed their bias towards the power of meditation - and study it objectively. What exactly happens when you go in a state of trance? Perhaps if you attach an EEG machine to your skull and then attempt your trance states, I am sure you will get _some_ answers.

I don't really know if my answer has helped, I know it has not,

Cheers!
Sanjay.
[/font][/color]

My Spiritual Retreat On The Web: quest for Nirvana
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: