Self-Development Forum
December 16, 2017, 12:57:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TIP! Shrink this header down to the logo by clicking the minus sign image (top right).

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie questions  (Read 6380 times)
Lotus

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2006, 07:31:16 PM »

Hi! from far Northern Calif - up near the Oregon border...

Just got the the Subliminal program download last night and I wonder if some experienced Sublims could answer a couple of questions for me  Smiley

I launched the program and the main configuration screen came up, then I set it to 3 messages at a time, as they recommended - but now I can't get the screen to come up again. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Second question: Has anyone experienced being really wired, so full of enery and mind chatter that you can't sleep? Maybe I shouldn't have it on or look at it just before bedtime? Any advice about this? I kept waking up all night long with all sorts of words running thru my head, but none of them were the messages that I had seen on the screen. Should the messages be set to only show every 5 or 10 seconds, rather than every second?

Thanks for your help!
Teufel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 02:28:42 PM »

Hello Lotus,
first things first---go back to the website that you downloaded from and see if there is a forum discussing your problem. There should be a "CONTACT US" message or icon somewhere on the main page. Having located this spot key it in and the information for contact should pop up or if you saved any documentation from the producer of this program---make Contact with them or go to whomever that you made a payment thru eg., PayPal and check on the warranty. The seller must make good or else file a complaint with the vendors go between---eg., PayPal. You must file a timely report of problems else nothing will legally happen. Is your computer desktop--uncluttered? Sometimes glitches occur when you havn't defraged in a while...this was just a suggestion.

Teufel...
rob
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 01:02:17 PM »

Hi Lotus,

It sounds to me like the program is running in the system tray. The system tray is the little icons you see down in the bottom right corner of the screen. Hover the pointer over each one and it should tell you the name of the program (you might need to click on the little '<' arrow to see them all if you're using Win XP). If you find a subliminal type one, either double click on it (which should re-open the configuration screen) or click the right mouse button for options.

I hope this helps  Smiley

Rob
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 01:04:09 PM by rob » Logged
Teufel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 06:47:24 PM »

Hello Lotus,
Rob has a good thought about the "sys tray icon." I've had problems with downloads off and on  and coupled with Rob's note there is an old saying---GIGO---Garbage In Garbage Out--what is being related is this ...My desktop gets super cluttered at times so that some programs don't respond well or at all. When I took the time to put order into my computer---certain items into folders deleted old programs that are not needed and cleaned out the deleted files bin, then defragmented the pc...99%  beauty erupted as far as operational work went. There is still the possibility of a glitch in the downloaded program.
  Your second question appears to be ---expecting too much to happen, yesterday. I believe that you are excited and anxious, yes? Relax and give your mind a chance to assimiliate what it's getting.

Teufel ...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: